Mr.Shirogane

Keith's POV:

As I waited for Lance to wake up I decided to look around the house. He had many photo albums of him and his family. He must have come from a big one judging by the photos. One was of Lance giving a piggyback ride to a much younger girl with a long ponytail. In another I saw what must have been Lance's father and him, they seemed very tense.

I sat the photo book down on the coffee table next to the summoning book. How did someone like Lance end up with that anyways? I would have to ask whenever he wakes up. Just then I heard a loud banging on the apartment door. I quietly made my way over to the peephole and looked out.

A man stood there with black and white hair. He had a prosthetic arm and a nasty scar across his face. I wonder what happened to him? I turned around to see Lance shuffling through the apartment sheepishly. He accidentally bumped into the kitchen counter as proceeded to apologize to it as he rubbed his eyes. "Who's at the door?" He asked me as he made his way over to look through the peephole. "Oh shit... it's Shiro." He said looking worried.

"Who's Shiro?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "He's a teacher of mine." Lance pulled on my arm and lead me into a closet. "J-just stay here till I call you. Please?" Lance said giving me sad puppy eyes. I let out a sigh as I crossed my arms and walked into the small closet.

I could see though the crack in the door so I watched quietly as Lance opened the front door. "Hey Shiro, how are you?" He said stepping off to the side letting the man come in. "I'm good. What about you, Are you sick? It's not like you to miss two day in a row..." Shiro asked placing his hand on Lance's forehead to check is temperature. "I'm fine, I was just tired and-" "Lance you can't miss school just because you're tired. I know it's almost the end of the year and you just wanna be done with it, but now is not the time to give up." He said as Lance watched the ground. "Sorry." Lance said timidly as he fiddled his thumps.

Shiro placed his hand on his shoulder, "I just want you to succeed. Can you come in early tomorrow morning and do the work you missed?" "Um, yeah sure." Lance said scratching his neck as he looked up at Shiro. "Okay, I'll collect all the work from your teachers." After some small talk Shiro finally left and Lance flopped down on the sofa, burying his face in a pillow. "You can come out now." He told me.

I popped my head out from behind the closet door, "You okay?" He just let out a sigh. I walked over to the sofa, grabbed a purple throw pillow, and placed it in my lap as I sat down. "So... is there anything you want to do with the remaining daylight we have left?" He asked me, running his slender fingers through his coffee brown hair.

"What do you want to do?" I asked. "Hmm... can you go in sunlight?" Lance asked. "Yeah as long as you have some sunscreen I can use." I said scrunching my nose, having a flashback to my first Vampire sunburn. "Then lets go to the aquarium!" Lance jumped up off the sofa full of excitement. With his sunshine smile beaming down on me, how could I not smile back? "Aquarium it is." I said standing up next to him. "Yay, this is going to be fun!" Lance said jumping from foot to foot.