Lance of the past (major angst)

Just a heads up before reading with chapter: It talks about some subjects that might be alittle... well, sensitive to some. I touch on the subject of rape and some other sensitive topics. If you don't want to read those parts just skip to Keith's POV. With that in mind please read with caution.

Lance's POV:

I woke up way before Kieth did. I had just got done showering when he finally starting to wake up. "Morning beautiful." I said kissing his cheek as I walked by him on the bed. I finished drying my hair and placed the towel down as I sat at the end of the bed by Keith's feet.

I had been thinking about how I would tell Keith my story. I've only ever told Hunk and Shiro this and it changed the way they treated me. I wanted to tell Keith, but I didn't want to ruin our relationship. I took a deep breath before saying anything. "Sleep well?"
"Yeah." Keith said in a husky tired voice. "That's good... so question. D-do you still want to hear that story?" I asked him as I fiddling my thumbs.

Keith sat up on his elbows and rubbed the sleepiness out of his eyes. "Are you comfortable with sharing?" I took a moment to think about it. I could still back out and save it for another time, but what if there isn't another time? I found all the courage I had and nodded yes. Before I started I took a deep breath. "Well... there's a reason I live by myself instead of with my family like a normal high schooler. It was actually Shiro who bought me that apartment." I said refusing to look at Keith.

"Now before I continue, please don't let this affect how you see me." I said managing to glance over at Keith. He was listening very intensely to my words as he nodded. I took a deep breath before speaking, "Well... my parents weren't the best, don't get me wrong I still love them they just didn't love me. They wanted a son who was good at sports not a string bean. They wanted a son who got good grades and passed his classes, while I just barely managed to get by. They wanted a son who liked girls not a son who couldn't pick." I said with a somewhat sarcastic tone. That's what my father would always say to me. Just pick one. I wish it was that easy.

"I wanted their approval so bad! I eventually ended up dating this girl named Amara. I was only with her because, to put it bluntly, she was a whore and the only person who would date a loser like me." I saw Keith raising his eyebrow out of the corner of my eye. "She was okay, but she was touchy as hell. She almost always had her hands on some part of me. It was tolerable at first but then she started to get riskier with where her hands went, and well..." I had to take a breath before continuing. The butterfly's in my stomach started to dance in a nauseating manner.

"She ended up forcing me to do it with her. I told her no but she just... she just-" "Raped you..." "Yeah... yeah she did. When I tried to tell my parents they took her side saying it was my fault! How fucked up it that?!" I said running my hand through my somewhat wet hair. I took a deep breath before continuing. "My parents had to pay her to keep quiet about the whole thing even though it was her fault. That was the last straw for my parents. They a... they kicked me out of the house after that. I stayed with Hunk and his family for a few months before I finally told him what happened. He convinced me to tell a teacher about it so I talked to Shiro. They both helped my get my own place set up. Honestly they're more of a family to me then my actual family. I don't think I would be here without them." It felt good to tell Keith this but at the same time I was worried he would treat me differently now.

After a few moments of silence I found the courage to look at Keith. He look at me with such sorrow. "Lance." He said leaning forward and wrapped his arms around me tightly. "I'm so sorry." I felt his tears on my shoulder. "H-hey why are you crying?" I said pulling away and wiping his tears away. "How can I not cry?! That's serious shit you just shared with me. I wish I could have helped you back then. If I'd know you back then I'd-" "Hey, it's okay. You're here now and that counts for something." I said hugging Keith again.

We stayed in each others embrace till we heard a knock on the door. "Everything okay in there fellas?" I heard Shiro though the door. "Y-Yeah. You can come in if you'd like." I said. Shiro opened the hotel door and peeked his head in. "Hey guys, just wanted to tell you that- Wait what happened? Is everything alright?" He asked sounding conserved. He walked into the room closing the door gently behind him.

"Why is Keith crying?" He said squatting next to the bed. "I um... I told him about Amara." Shiro face instantly went cold. "Oh, that bitch." I let out a soft chuckle at hearing Shiro call one of his old students a name like that. Shiro patted Keith on the back comfortingly. "Sorry you had to see me like this." Keith said embarrassed as he wiped tears off his cheeks. "It's alright buddy. You should have seen my reaction." Shiro said helping me and Keith up off the bed. "You a... you guys can skip training today if you'd like. I understand if you want some peace and quiet." I nodded quietly as i felt Keith had weakly reach out and intertwine out fingers. "Well, I'll leave you men to it. Call me if you need anything alright Lance." "Yes sir." Shiro gave me a weak smile before leaving the room.

Keith's POV:
How am I just now finding out about this? I feel to helpless. I want to do something, I want to support him but I'm not sure what to do. I'm at a loss. I just reach out to hold his hand. I know this isn't enough and that I need to say something but what do I say? I've never dealt with this sort of thing.

I see Lance turn to face me. He smiles weakly at me as he tightens his grip on my hand. "It's the thought that counts even if you can't find the words." He saids. "What?" I asked confused as to how he seemed to know what I was thinking. "I can read minds now. Remember?" He said with a soft chuckle as he turned on the tv. I watched him flip it to the music station. (To hear the song play the video)
Lance placed the controller down and smiled at me. He moved my hand so that where hanging over his shoulders then he placed his hands on my hips. We began to sway to the music. He would change things up every now and then and spin me. I eventually closed my eyes and rested my head against his chest. We continued to dance through the various songs that came on. It was a nice distraction for both of us. "Thanks for not freaking out to bad." Lance said softly. "You asked me not to remember?" I said pulling him closer to me and kissing him.

——
AN: I'm so sorry if anyone gets upset by this chapter. I contemplated changing the story so it didn't have that subject in it but I just did work as well so I apologize sincerely! I promise this is the only time it's mentioned in this story! Other then the obvious I hope you enjoyed this parts ending at least. The next few updates will be and emotional roller coaster. There will still be fluff and stuff tho so don't worry (to much) anyhow I hope you all have a happy new year! Hopefully we don't die and I'll see you lovelies next time <3