Chapter 6 - Let Me Live

I took a long ass nap. It's now eight thirty at night. I walked out of the bedroom and started walking towards the stairs. I heard music coming from outside and knew Justin's friends are here. He did tell me they were coming, I just didn't know what time.

I started to walk down the stairs and saw Khalil and this girl he has been talking to. I'm pretty sure her name is, Jules.

"Hey guys" I said to them as I got down stairs. They looked over at me quickly. They must have been talking about something serious. They look like they're serious right now.

"Hey Jamie" She said to me and waved. Khalil looked concerned. Why? I shook it off and I smiled at them both.

"Justin's outside?" I asked them.

"Uh yeah. Yeah" he said kind of quickly. I nodded as an 'okay'. "Wait" he said as I was about to walk. I looked at him confused. "How is everything going? Anything new?" He asked me. Khalil and I are good friends, but he never asks this because I see him a lot.

"Um everything's fine." I said back slowly. He looks worried still. What the hell? "Is everything okay? You seem, I don't know, worried" I asked him. Jules stayed quiet and looked the other way.

"Yeah, yup. Everything is good. Just want to catch up" Khalil said back. I crossed my arms and just stared at him.

"What's going on?" I asked. He looked at Jules then back at me.

"I can't ask how you are?" He said back and I laughed.

"I see you almost every day" I said back laughing. He chuckled. I went to walk around him, but he stepped in front of me.

"Take shots with us" He said quickly.

"Khalil why are you stalling me? Is that what this is? Stalling?" I asked him. He sighed.

"Okay I am. Only-" he stopped talking once I rolled my eyes. "Only because they are smoking and I know you don't like that" He told me. I don't mind weed and he knows that. Ive smoked with him and Justin once. So there's more going on. I'm not dumb.

"It's fine" I said back and walked passed him. I walked outside and I saw Justin sitting down with a bunch of his friends and a few girls that the guys brought. Nice. There's girls out here and I was asleep. Justin noticed me walking out and he started to smirk. I smiled back at him. Khalil did say there were smoking and they all look high. But Justin has his sunglasses on, of course, so I can't see his eyes. I walked over to him and he grabbed my hand.

"Hi babe" he said to me smiling. "Come sit" he said as he let go of my hand and put his hand on my waist.

"Can you actually come inside real quick? Then we can come back out and I'll sit with you" I asked him and he nodded and stood up. He grabbed my hand and put his drink down on the table in front of him.

"I'll be back guys" he said to everyone then I followed him inside. Khalil and his girl walked out as we walked in. "So whats up, baby girl?" He asked me as we stopped walking. He leaned against the kitchen counter and grabbed me by my waist. He's talking a little weird, not going to lie.

"When I came down stairs, Khalil was trying to stop me from going outside to you, why?" I asked him confused. I know it wasn't because of the weed. He shrugged.