Chapter 9 - She Deserves Better

**Justins POV**

I took a deep breath as I pulled up to Matt's house for the second time today. It's almost two in the morning and I got a call from Madison saying Jamie is so drunk so she can't drive and that Madison going to sleep there and wanted to let me know. So I decided I'd come pick Jamie up. Even though she's so mad at me. She has every right to be.

I've been a dick to her. I just don't know what's wrong with me. I just don't give a shit about anything anymore. It's like I don't care what I lose. And don't get me wrong, I'm still so absolutely in love with Jamie, but for some reason I've been taking it out on her. She doesn't deserve it at all. I'm a piece of shit.

I got out of the car and walked up to the front door. My last conversation with Jamie earlier in this house has been replaying in my head ever since I left. I just keep seeing her crying telling me to leave.

I'm really hurting her. She deserves better.

The door swung open and Matt was standing there with a smile.

"Hey man" he said then stepped a side allowing me to come inside.

"What's up bro" I said before as I walked in. I instantly saw Jamie sitting on the couch with a bunch of Matt's friends. She was sitting there giggling. I wanted to smile so bad seeing how cute she is.

But it went away once I notice Kian sitting next to her. Supposably they are just really good friends, but I can tell her likes her. Anyone can see that. Hopefully nothing is going on between them.

I followed Matt to everyone and Jamie looked up to see me and her smile slowly dropped. That hurt a little. I'm used to her smiling every time she saw me. That hurt my heart.

"Hey babe" I said quietly to her.

"Here to take me home?" She asked in a quiet tone. I nodded and grabbed her small backpack she brought with her. She stood up and shoved her phone into the bag I was holding. "Well guys, that was fun, but now it's time for me to go home" she said with a laugh and walked passed me and started to hug everyone goodbye.

"Bye guys" I said to everyone with a smile. I received goodbyes from everyone and I walked with Jamie to the door. I got to the door first and let her walk out first. "Did you have fun?" I asked Jamie as we walked down the front lawn.

"Yup" she said back as she just stared ahead. As we got to the car, I opened up the passenger door for her. She carefully got into the car and I shut the door for her then walked around the car and got in.

"I'm sorry" I told her as I started up the car. I looked over at her and she just looked down at the ringers on her fingers.

"I know" she said back to me. I faced front again and started to drive. I don't know what to say to her. I know I been fucking up a lot and I admitted that to her earlier.

As I drove, I felt her eyes on me. Once I reached a stop sign, I looked over at her and she was still staring. She began to look more sad before looking out the window and leaning her head back against the seat. I sighed and kept driving.

After about five minutes of driving in silence, I heard her scoff loudly.

"What am I doing wrong? Please tell me that" she asked me with a little bit of attitude. I looked at her quickly then back at the road.