Chapter 22 - Nothing Like Us

I took a deep breath and walked out of the room and down the steps. I don't even know how to act. I don't know what to say.

"Want me to come with you?" Scooter asked me pulling me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see him just standing in the living room. I shook my head.

"Mark said he'll meet me there" I told him. He nodded. Mark is someone Scooter hired to body guard me sometimes.

"How did that go?" He asked me in a bit of a lower tone like he didn't want Justin to hear us. I knew what he was talking about. He must have heard us talking. Or just assumed since we were both up there. I shrugged.

"He apologized for everything. He owned up to it all. He explained how he felt while I was gone. He said a lot" I told him. "But I'm going to get my things and come back here. Justin was right, together or not this is still my home." I added. Scooter nodded.

"I was trying to tell you that the day you came back from Canada" he said and I playfully rolled my eyes.

"I know" I said and grabbed my phone from my pocket so I can text Mark to tell him I'm headed there now. I saw a text from him and Kian. I looked back up at Scooter. "I'll be back. So if you're still here, I'll see you later" we said goodbye then I walked out the front door. I got into my car then went back onto my phone.

______
Mark: Everything okay?

Me: yes sorry I took so long. I'll be there in 20!
______

Kian: hey jamie you free tonight?

Me: I am! what's up?

Kian: I was wondering if you wanted to go to dinner with me
Kian: a new hibachi and sushi place opened up near me and I remember you telling me it was your favorite
______

He is so sweet. I know he has some sort of feelings for me. Jc told me once when he was drunk. But Kian doesn't know that I know. I don't think.

Yesterday I probably would have said yes, but seeing Justin just now has my stomach in knots. But I also can't say no to Kian. He shows interest in me and he pays attention to things I like. But how can I go on a date with someone who isn't Justin? You know what, Kian is my friend. We can go to dinner as friends. It's not a date. I looked down at my phone again and texted Kian back saying, 'I would love too'.

***

"Hey J- you look hot" Ally said as I answered her FaceTime. I laughed and shook my head.

"Thank you" I said back and finished applying my lip stick. I'm pretty much ready, which is good considering Kian is on his way to pick me up. I'm in my bathroom- well the guest room bathroom which I guess is technically my bathroom now.

"What are your plans?" She asked me.

"I'm going to dinner with a friend" I said with a smile and her eyes widened.

"Are you going on a date?" She loudly asked.

"No!" I said back. "It's with Kian"

"It's a date" she quickly said.

"What?! No. No" I said back.

"Kian totally has feelings for you" she told me. I sighed.

"I know. But he also knows how Justin and I are on and off. And that we been together for over three years. Well, not the whole three years, but you know what I mean. And I don't think he would try to be with me now" I tried to explain. She laughed. I know she thinks I'm wrong.

"Where are you guys going?" She asked with a smirk.

"This new hibachi place because he knows it's my favo-" I stopped talking and sighed. God damn it. She's right. "And it's a date" I said in a lower tone.