Chapter 19 - VidCon

"You should go, Hun" My mom agreed with Ally. I sighed and stared at the table as I thought. Ally, my mom, and I are all in the kitchen. Ally and I are sitting at the table while my mom is cooking.

Vidcon is in a few days and I was invited to go. They have been trying to convince me to go. Ally even said she would come with. I even have friends going that have been asking me if I'm going.

"I'm just nervous. I know I'll be with friends and meeting so many people, but I already know what questions are coming. 'Why haven't you posted on social media? You haven't been seen with Justin, did you guys break up?' I don't want to hear it" I explained to them.

"That's understandable, but I'm sure the fans are going to be so excited to see you and not even worry about Justin. They will probably ask why you haven't posted, but that's easy. Just say you were taking a break from it while spending time with family" Ally said back to me. I slowly nodded agreeing. She's right.

"And you would come with me?" I asked Ally and she nodded.

"Of course" she answered.

"Okay. You're right. It may be good for me" I agreed with her.

"You'll have fun" My mom said and I nodded. I would be fun. I'll see my friends I haven't seen in over a month. And I can meet so many fans.

"It's Saturday right?" Ally asked me and I nodded again. "So I guess we have a couple of days to put together really cute outfits. Mall?"

"Let's do it" I said with a laugh. I should make a little update video on my channel. I haven't posted anything literally anywhere in over a month. So maybe it's time I just put out a video saying something. "I'll be right back guys. Just give me ten minutes" I told them as I stood up. Ally looked at me confused. "I'm going to make an update video for my channel" I said and they both smiled.

"It's about time" My mom said smiling and nodding. I quickly walked out of the kitchen and ran up the steps. I haven't touched my camera in a minute. I walked into my room and set my camera up on my desk. I guess I'll just make it right here. I mean it's only going to be a short video and nothing crazy. I'm just going to talk.

I took a deep breath as I sat down in front of my camera.

I got this. This is the right thing to do.

I don't want anyone to worry. They just need to know I will be back to posting videos, I just don't know when. I double checked to make sure I was recording and forced myself to smile.

"Hi guys! I know I haven't posted in a month or maybe more, but I promise I'm not done with this channel. I just needed a break to get my mind together again. I- uh" I stopped trying to collect my thoughts. I don't want to stumble over my words because I'm nervous. "I have felt broken and not myself lately. Last month, I came back to Canada to spend time with my family and friends I grew up with. I love LA and I love my friends there and my home, but it was time for me to take a break and go back to where I grew up. Everyone knows how much my family means to me so being able to be with them and be in my childhood bedroom has helped. Life hasn't been easy lately for me. I um- I- sorry" I stopped again to take a deep breath. I'm just thinking about Justin and the day I left and I'm trying not to cry. "I'm not sure when I'm going to post again, other than this video, obviously. I'm pretty sure I'll be at Vidcon in New York City so if I go, I'll vlog and that will be the next video for you guys. Thank you for guys for being so patient with me and being so kind. I've seen so many tweets and comments that has helped me to feel better. You guys truly mean the world to me. I promise once I'm okay again, I will film so much for you guys. I love you guys, thank you"

And that wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I turned my camera off and stood up again. I'll post it later on. Hopefully people will understand. Plus I'll vlog this weekend in New York City. Maybe that will help me slowly get back into filming videos for my channel. And I know that Kian and Jc will be there too so they can help a lot.