1

Let's go.

Robert up there

*alarm buzzing*

  I was awaken by the sound of my alarm nearly bursting one of my eardrums. "I'm up. I'm up." I said as I closed my eyes again. It literally felt like I just blinked before hearing the alarm go off again. I must've hit snooze the first time. Groaning out of the bed, I got up out the bed and walked into the bathroom to do my morning  hygiene. Not before tripping over some boxes along the way. "Who the fuck put those there. I swear people are trying to kill me." I said before realizing that I was the one that put them there. Way to go self.

  After I was finished, I took a quick look around my apartment. It was just boxes stacked on top of boxes. Guess I'll dedicated this weekend to making this place look like something.  "Moving in would be easy they said. You don't have a lot of stuff they said." They never mention how tiring and exhausting the shit is. That reminds me, I don't even have my uniform ironed out. Now I gotta dig through these boxes to find the iron. Yep, I'm definitely going to be late. Good thing I get off early. After turning the place upside down, I finally found the iron. Now it looks like a hurricane ran up and through here. 

  I sighed before ironing the clothes. Once I got dressed, I looked at the time. "20 minutes late. Not too bad. At least you told your boss yesterday" I mumbled to myself beofre grabbing my keys and leaving. I decided to just grab something to  along the way since I was literally pressed for time at the moment. Once I made it into the parking lot, I took a deep breath. Do I really want to be here? No. I barely like some of these people but bills still need to get paid. I mean I could become a stripper...nevermind. I said a silent prayer before walking into the the store. As soon as I walked through the door, I could tell that I was going to have a headache.

  "I'm so glad you're here." my co worker Alexis said. I gave her a weak smile before walking to the back to get myself together. "God please help me get through this day." I said as I kissed my crossed and headed back out front. "Thank you for calling CVS Pharmacy, this is Robert speaking." I said as I answered the phone. "Yeah I want to know why my medication isn't ready. ' They said yelling through the phone. Damn near burst my ear drum. I swear they want me to go deaf. "Well can I have your last name and date of birth?" I calmly said as she provided me with the necessary information. "Well Ms.Thomas, it looks like its just too soon until Friday. So I just get it ready for you to come and get that day. I would say you could come in around 11 OK?" I said as her attitude disappeared.

   "OK thank you so much baby. I'll be looking forward to seeing you Friday." she said as I smiled before we both hung up.  "Thank you so much!" Alexis said as she hugged me. "That phone has been ring nonstop this morning." Alexis said as she hugged me. Being up front, this about 75% of our day.  "No problem now let's get these people out of here." I said as I cracked my knuckles.

7 hours later.      

  "Yup I need a shot of something." I said as I let out a sigh. "Happy hour?" Alexis said as I nodded my head. We finished up our things before going out. We settled for a place not to far from where we were. "I cant believe that man threaten to shoot up ole boy." she said as I laughed. I never witness a homeless man saying that (A/N: This really happened at my job). "Well as long as he did that after I left, I don't care. No offense to everybody else but I need to see tomorrow. The cops took forever to come though. They could've killed and robbed us beofre they finally showed up. You would think that because we're right across the street from the hospital that they would've been there sooner." I sighed. 

  "Talking about is everything OK? Um We wouldn't be talking to you if it wasn't smart guy." she said before we laughed. This day has just been so weird and funny at the same time. After taking back about five or six shots, we decided to call it a night. We both called a lyft before heading home. To be honest, I really wasn't sure about catching that but I had no choice since I couldn't drive in the condition that I'm in. Once I made it home, I struggled to make it to my bed. These boxes was making it mad hard for my inebriated ass. Once I made it to my bed, I instantly passed out. Didn't even bother to take a shower.

The Next Morning.   

  I woke up the next morning with a massive headache. I feels like somebody took a bat and blow torch to my head right now. I wobbled my ass to the bathroom, tripping over everything along the way before making it to my destination.  I took about three ibuprofen's before drowning myself in some water. I just laid on the floor rethinking about life. That's the last time I take fireball shoots, sheesh. Once my body started to cooperating with me, I stripped my clothes and jumped into the shower. I was surprised by my doorbell ringing. "Who the hell is this?" I said as I quickly jumped out the shower and got dressed. I opened the door to a see a a fine ass man standing there:

 I opened the door to a see a a fine ass man standing there:

  "Can I help you?" I asked with one eyebrow raised, partially confused as to why he was here. "Yeah Delivery for Mr. Micheal's." he said as he stepped to the side revealing my TV. I totally forgot about that to be honest. I let out a laugh as I saw the TV. "I totally forgot that I even ordered it, my bad." I said as I signed the electronic pad. "It's cool. At least you know it's here." he said as he let out a laugh. "Can I ask you a quick question?" I said as he nodded his head. "Why are you dressed like that? Aren't you supposed to be in uniform? I said as he laughed. "You're like the fifth person today that asked me that but yeah it's casual Friday so that's why I'm dressed like this. Plus I have somewhere to be after work so this saves me the trouble." he said as I nodded my head.

  They sure are lucky. "Yeah my brother and sister sure are." he said as my face dropped. "I guess I said that out loud huh?" I said embarrassed like a mother fucker. "It's cool. We're just going to a family reunion. I'm supposed to be meeting them after this. You're my last delivery for today." he said. "Well let me not hold you up. I'll just take that from you." I said as I reached for the box but he stopped me. "I got it. Just show me where you want me to put it." he said as he picked it up. The way his muscled flexed, God is good. I high key didn't want him to see the clutter/embarrassment that was my home but I guess I didn't have a choice. I pointed to a random spot on floor before going into the kitchen to grab him a water. 

  "Just moving in huh?" he said as he laughed. "Yup. Nobody warned me about this. They struggle." I laughed as I handed him the water. "Thanks" he said as he wasted no time drinking it. "I have more." I said as I laughed and walked to get him another one. "Thanks, I ahven't really had the chance to get anything to drink so I really appreciate this." he said as I nodded my head. "Not a problem. You got a family reunion to go to so get there." I said as he laughed. "You have a nice day Mr. Michael's. Thanks again for the water." he said. "Hey what's your name? I asked him. "Derrick" he said as he left. He's funny. Now where do I really want to put this TV? I really have to get this place in order. That was too embarrassing. I let out a sigh before laying on the floor. "I'm so lazy." I said out loud because I knew it would be a minute before I actually got around to doing something. 

Thoughts?

Robert?

Derrick?

Something light and funny for you guys. 

Will be a short story (maybe).