24

That's how you feel?

Troy up there.

Rob POV

  Since we got home, Derrick has been ignoring me. It's like that conversation I was having with Alexis seemed to have irritated him or something. Am I missing something? I tried talking to him for the pas 2 hours but all he does is ignore me.  He even tuned me out with the radio one time. That's not how a fiend supposed to act. I honestly don't know what to do anymore so I guess I'll just let him be. Maybe things will be different when I get back to my own spot. I don't know. I was gonna go see Troy today but I think I'm just gonna stay in my room, at least I think this room is mine. Speaking of that, he never told me where I would be sleeping. 

  I guess I'll take the couch  tonight. Fuck that, he will talk to me. I walked out the room and peaked my head into his room. Welp, he isn't in there. "Fuck outta here!" I heard him yell from the living room. I walked in there to see him playing the game. He looks so focused, niggas and their video games. You'd be thinking they gonna gonna win the lottery by how serious they be. I started to say something but my scary ass just walked into the kitchen to get something to drink. I watched his facial expressions change as the game when on. One thing that was consistent was that he seemed to have his tongue out most of the time. He must be part dog or something. I don't know. 

  After I finished drinking my juice, I sat there and made up a mock conversation. Listen, i need to be prepare just in case things go left or he just catches me of guard or something. Word to the wise: never let em catch you slipping kids. After spending 20 minutes talking to myself, i finally mustered up the courage to go and talk to him, at least I think I'm ready. As soon as I started walking, I dead ass did a full 180, then another 180. I don't know what it is about him but I'm scared to talk to him for some  reason. What if the he tries to put his hands on me or something? Momma ain't raise no punk ass bitch so......Ight calm down Rob, you being mad dramatic. I sat my awkward as down beside him as he continued to play the game. "Run that pass!" he yelled like he was actually at the game. I actually found it a funny. 

  Don't let this distract you from the fact that I still haven't said anything to him. i watched him play for about 20 more mins before I finally spoke up. "Uh, Derrick." I said kinda low. I doubt he heard me. I said it again this time a little louder then the first. Still nothing. I tapped him as he shrugged me off. "Hey Derrick?" I said tapping him again. I KNOW this nigga heard me. Still nothing. OK, I got something for that ass. I stood in front of the TV as he tried to shift around me to see the TV. "OK I got you." I said as I snatched the remote control, paused the game and turned the TV off. "The fuck?!" he said annoyed. "Spare me allat. What the fuck is your problem?" I asked hi as he was looking everywhere but my direction. "I don't have a problem with you Rob." he said as he finally looked at me. We all know that's some bullshit. 

  "If you don't have a problem with me, then why did you take a long time to acknowledge/look at me?" I asked him.  He didn't say anything but twiddled with his fingers instead. "You've been acting mad weird every since we got home? Matter of fact, it was right while I was on the phone with-" "Don't say his fucking name." he said as he gave me the meanest mean mug. "Uh OK. Did I miss something with you two? Y'all got in a fight or something?" I asked as I sat down next to him. "If you only knew..." he said lowly. "Derrick," I said as I grabbed his hand. "I just want to make sure we good." I heard him mumble: "Don't do that" but I paid him no mind. "If it makes you feel better, I was going to go visit him but I decided against it." I said giving him a smile. "Great." he said dryly. I don't get what's his problem. 

  "OK......how about I don't mention him at all anymore? Sounds good?" I asked him as he gave me a half smile. "That's cool. My bad for acting weird on you earlier." he said as I smiled at him. "It's all good. I just can't have my best friend mad at me. That's not right." I said as he laughed. I grabbed the remote control and handed it back to him. "Noooow, you can go back to your regularly scheduled program." I said as I turned the TV on and started to walk away. "You not gonna play with me?" he asked as I turned back around. "Uh no. I hate sports. " I said as he laughed. "I know that. I wan't talking about this game though." he said as I felt stupid as hell. "Ight bet. What's the game?" I asked as he went through his collection before finding the game.