2

"I'll give you up"

Derrick up there. 

Rob POV

  "When am I going to meet this mysterious boyfriend of yours?" I asked Alexis as we sat and waited for our food. "Soon sheesh. Let me be great for a minute. I actually want to see what this one's true intentions are. We haven't had sex just yet because I want to know what he at mentally." she said as I nodded my head. "I'm just tired of getting played." she said as she sighed. "I sorry for bringing that up. I didn't know you felt so passionate about this one. He must be a good guy for you to be so serious and private. That's a step in the right direction. I'm happy for you." I said as I smiled at her. 

   Right after I said that, our waiter came out with our food. "Thank the lord. My stomach was having a boxing match with itself." Alexis said as I laughed. "I apologize for that. I do hope you too enjoy your meal." he said as he stared a little to hard at me. My biggest pet peeve. "Thank you. I think that table over there is calling you." I said as I pointed in that direction as he left. "Looks like somebody was into you." she teased as she took a bit of her steak. I laughed as she said that. "Welp he didn't say anything plus he was staring at me like a weirdo. You know how I feel about that." I said as she laughed. "Yeah I remembered from that time you cursed that customer out for staring at you." she said as we both laughed. It wasn't intentional but he literally was watching me as I was typing. Had me feeling like I was under a microscope the whole time. 

  "While we're on the topic of you, when am I going to meet your special someone?" she asked. "He's right here. Isn't he handsome?" I said showing her an empty area. She burst out laughing causing a few people to look at us. "My bad y'all. You play to damn much. For real though, when am I gonna meet em?" she said as she calmed down. "Whenever they stop playing and decide to snatch a young one up. I'll admit I'm not really searching for anyone because right now I'm just settled on getting my shit together. I guess when the universe wants that for me, it'll happen." I said as I shrugged my shoulders. I'm really not interested in anything right now. My past few relationships were good but I just felt like something was off with them (OK one of them was a bit possessive but that's between us ;) ). "Whoever it is will be lucky to have you. You're a bomb ass person with a bomb ass personality and spirit to match." she said as I smiled. 

  Me and her been friends for years, so it made me happy to hear her say that. "Aww thank you so much. When that happens, you'll be the first to know and meet them. I said as I smiled at her. She smiled back as we continued to eat our food. "Lemme get some of that steak. Shit looks good." I said as I snatched a piece fro her plate. "I was about to say the same about your chicken. We always on the same page." she said as we laughed. This is one of the things I don't like with relationships. Some of them drive wedges between friendships and I definitely don't want that. "Earth to Rob! Make me punch you dawg." Alexis said as she snapped her fingers. "Huh?" I said as I snapped out of my daze. "You good? You looked like you was doing the mannequin challenge." she said as I burst out laughing. "Shut up. I'm cool now stop eating my food. I still need to eat." I said as I smacked her hand away. 

  "My bad. Your food was too good." she said as she laughed. "So good that you going to pay half of it since yo ass loved it so much." I said dead ass serious. "I got you now order another one so I finish this up for you." she said as we laughed. After telling a few more jokes and just enjoying the night, we called it a night. When I made it to my house, I sighed and looked around. All the boxes are gone, now I just needed some furniture. I got lawn chairs as place holders though. Man that's so embarrassing to even say. I walked into the kitchen and decided to bake a cake from scratch. I don't know what's going on with me but I've suddenly became interested in making my own stuff. I decided on making a strawberry cake with maybe some lemon icing. I don't know. Once I was finished with my product I put that cake in the display case before heading upstairs to bed. 

 The Next Day 

  Thank god I was off today. Now I can just lay in bed all day and catch up on a few shows. Just me and my bed. That might sound boring and lonely to some people but unless you had a job a or a lot of school work to do, this is considered heaven. Just as I was about to get comfortable, there was a knock at the door. Well damn, I can get one day to myself. I got up and walked to  the door. "Where do you want this to go?" the guy said pointing to my furniture. I definitely forgot that was supposed to be coming today. I quickly moved the lawn chairs and told them exactly where to put them. Once they were finished, I signed the papers before letting them leave. My place was starting to look like a home! Look at god. After sweeping and mopping the floor, I turned to go up stairs only to hear the bell ring again. 

  "So you just not gonna let me have my moment huh?" I said to the man upstairs before opening the door. "What do you want?" I said annoyed as I opened the door. "Easy there killer. I'm just here because you have a delivery." Derrick said with his hands up. I noticed he had on his normal uniform. "Well where is it?" I said as I looked around him. "On the truck smartass. Lemme go get it." he said as he turned to the truck. He came back with this long box and rushed me out of the way. "You just standing there like I had a box of feathers or something in my hands." he said as I looked at him like he was crazy. "I should be giving you the expression. Came at me sideways off rip." he said as I still didn't say anything. I looked the box still trying to figure out what it was. I opened it up and saw that it was my entertainment center.

  I really need to start writing down when I ordered stuff and reminding myself of the delivery dates. "Is that strawberry cake? Lemme get a slice." Derrick said as he walked into the kitchen. Not before I popped his ass in the back of his head. "The fuck you think you doing? You didn't even wait for me to give you an answer. You black, you should know better." I said as I looked at him. "My bad damn. It just looked so good. May I have a slice?" he asked. "Not until you put that entertainment center up." I said as I looked at him. "All that for a slice of cake?" he said confused.
"Welp you wanted it plus I just really want to relax today. It's my only day off." I said as he nodded his head. I didn't what he was going to do but I know my ass was going to sleep. I'll figure stuff out later.

A Beautiful Nap Later.

  That sleep felt so good. I wondered if he actually put that entertainment center up. My lazy ass was going to get around to it (someday). I walked downstairs to see that about half of the cake was gone. Well shit who the hell did give a piece to? I turned around to see him knocked out on the couch. The entertainment center was completely finished with the TV and cable box all set up neatly. It looks very nice. Where was he at when I just moved in this damn place. I walked over to him to woke his ass up and kick him out . He looked so peaceful sleeping there, I should stop being so damn mean to people. His phone was laying next to him and it was ringing non stop. 

 "Yo yo." I said as I shook him. "Gimme like ten minutes. I'm mad tired." he mumbled as he rolled over.  If he don't get his, OK I got something for him. I pushed his big ass outta the chair making him fall on the floor. "What the fuck?!" he said agitated. "I wouldn't have to do that if yo ass would've just woke up the first time." I said as I laughed at him. "Yeah Yeah Yeah. Ignorant ass. Do you like the entertainment center. I took half the cake, two sandwiches and a bottle of sprite as payment." he smirked. This nigga basically used my kitchen as a deli. I can't be too mad though since he really did a good job. "Thank you. Lord knows when I would've gotten around to it. By the way, your phone has been ringing like crazy." I said pointing to the now ringing phone. 

  "What time is it?" he asked as he looked confused. "It's around 3." I said looking at the clock. "Oh shit." he said as he jumped up. "That ass was stealing time." I laughed. "Nah I'm actually off now but I had a date with my girl at this time." he said as I laughed even harder just watching him get himself together. "Welp, tick tock my nigga." I said to him. "Hello. Yeah bae we still on. I'm on my way to send the truck back and then get ready." he said as he adjusted his shirt. I mouthed thank you to him as I walked him to the door. I walked into the kitchen to see if  this nigga left a mess. Surprisingly he didn't, kitchen was nice and clean. At least he has some respect. I yawned before heading back upstairs to my bed. "At least I got to sleep today." I said as I cut the TV on. 

Gonna stop there.

Thoughts?

Robert?

Derrick?

Alexis?

Sidenote: My writing style changes with each book lol.