4

"I keep it ready on the regular"

Rob up there

Rob POV

 "What got you smiling so heard this early in the morning?" Alexis said as I laughed at her. Me and Troy have been snapchatting each since we woke up. No it wasn't anything freaky or anything (just had to make that clear). He offered to bring me food too but I politely declined. Don't want him knowing where I work, it's way too soon for that. "Nobody." I said as I laughed. "Uh huh looks like that speed date went well." she said as I straight faced her. "That's the last time we go into that. I don't knock people that do that but it's definitely not for me." I said as she nodded her head. 

  That and the fact that it's almost like you have to program yourself before going into those events. I just wish it could flow like an actual meaningful conversation. Maybe it was just that one. We can chalk that up as a bad experience that won;t be mentioned again, Yup, that's it. "Yo yo! Come back to earth Romeo. I know that man doesn't have you so far in the clouds that quick." she laughed. "You play too much. No he doesn't but I know you ain't talking." I said as I looked at her with 'go ahead and lie' face. She just blushed and started typing on the  computer.  "Yeah look who quiet now." I laughed. For the most part today was going by so smoothly. 

  Our normal customers were coming and getting almost every medication we could possibly fill for them at the moment. We do this to decrease the amount of trips they have to make each month. They almost always complain about that so we decided to implement this way. It's so beautiful out. "Where the fuck is my medication?!" There goes the calm day. "Let's get his medication ready so he can go." the pharmacist said. We quickly prepared the meds because ole boy here was definitely in need of them. Nobody wanted to go near him because he was spitting all over the place. I'm surprised the computer didn't start acting up. I grabbed the bag from her and put on a blank expression before telling him to come down to my register. 

  To everyone's surprise, he was much calmer when he saw me. After checking him out, I walked to the back to start another task. "Where's the white ones?" he yelled to the pharmacist. She calmly told him that he would need a new prescription and he flipped. He was cursing up a storm and my ass was over here tuning him out checking out my other patients. He was still cursing but left the store. Then he came back, then he left and then..yeah you get the point. They wasted no time sanitizing the area he was at. "Friendliness is next to cleanliness." one of my co workers said. I was still on cloud 9. The weather was too beautiful for me to be pissed. About 30 minutes later, the cops came. "Is everything alright?" The officer said as he walked in.

  My G, we would've all been dead after he robbed us blind and set the place on fire as he made his way out. I mean damn pharmacy lives matter, my life matters. I have niggas to pull, money to invest and skin to clear up. Sheesh. After my pharmacist talked to them, everything went back to being semi normal. "Rob what time you off? Alexis asked me. "Now." I said as I rung the last customer out and headed to the back to back.  "What a day." I said as I grabbed my things before leaving the store. I walked outside into the nice ass breeze that was blowing. I put in my head phones and played Quicksand by SZA. It seemed like a fitting song for today. 

  Something was telling me to turn around as I walking to the bus (didn't feel like driving today) and when I did I saw him: