10

"I'll bring you something that you wanna unpack."

Rob up there.

Rob POV

  It's been a few weeks since I found out that Derrick got transferred and I honestly made peace with it. Haven't heard anything from him so I hope he's doing well. I been pouring all of my emotions into my work which earned me a few praises from my boss. Just stacking up this bread so I can get away from here even though I just moved here. Alexis has noticed that the glow I once had is no longer there but didn't bother to press the issue. Once I see Derrick, I'm going to make it my main priority to beat the shit out of him. Thank god today was over though, all I wanted to do was go to sleep.  

  "Hey Rob could I talk to you for a minute?" my boss said stopping me as I was about to clock out. "Sure." I said stepping into her office. "I've noticed that you've been working extremely hard." he said as I nodded my head. "Thank you so much." I responded. "There's a spot open in corporate and I think you would be perfect for the position. I already recommended that you and Alexis go since you guys are basically a packaged deal and luckily they agreed. Now the choice is yours if you want to go." she said as I smiled hard as hell. "Yes yes a million yeses! I want that position!" I yelled as I jumped up and down. "OK great. I'll tell them your answer. You guys should be leaving Friday so I suggest you start packing now." she said as I hugged her. 

  "I just want to thank you so much for the opportunity! It's been a pleasure working here." I said as I hugged her. "Not a problem, you just make me proud up there OK? Keep that warm personality you had too. It's very refreshing. I noticed that you haven't been like yourself, is everything OK?" she asked as I smiled. Well this guy I was talking to just played me like I was a toy. "I'm OK. Nothing serious. I'm more excited for this opportunity. Thank you, thank you, thank you." I said as I hugged her. This is exactly what I need right now. "I'm guessing she told you." Alexis smiled as we danced together. "This is going to be so much fun." I said as smiling so hard. "There he go. Let's go get packed." she said as we left. I couldn't stop dancing around the house while I was packing. New promotion, who this?

  Alexis helped me since she already had her things ready. "We have to go to Dylan's Candy Bar. I need my fix." I said as she laughed. "Now we just gotta ride these last few days out then we can do all of that. It's place I want to go to that has a slice of cheesecake on top of a milkshake, I needs." she said as I nodded my head (A/N: those are real places that I must go too). "We're gonna need a gym when it's all said and done." I said as she laughed. We continued packing until we passed out on the floor. 

Derrick POV 

  "So we just need improve our shipping numbers a little. Get a few more partnerships and we're good. Business has been booming-" was all I heard until I started zoning out. I started to think about Rob. I didn't mean to leave him like that but shit was moving so fast. I really had plans on meeting up with him when I got off. Was thinking about taking him out on a date. I even texted him while everything was going on only to get error messages. Same thing when I called him. My ex kept calling trying to get back with me, which lead to me getting my number changed. Funny how you didn't give a fuck about me when you was riding ole boy but now you want back. 

  I was trying to get into contact with Rob for a minute but no luck. I hope he's doing good. I scrolled through my Instagram while I this meeting was going in one ear and out the other when I came across a picture:       

 I scrolled through my Instagram while I this meeting was going in one ear and out the other when I came across a picture: