3

"That's exactly what I'm gonna do"

If you're reading this, VOTE!

Alexis up there.

Rob POV

  "How does this speed dating thing work again?" I asked Alexis as we walked into the building. "You take a seat and a random person will come and you guys will chat. If you think you found your match, you can leave with your match and see how far it'll go. If you don't think you found the one, the bell will ring and another guy will come. Then it's the same thing all over again. You got this. If you need me just text me. I'll be right at the bar." she said as she winked at me and walked over to the bar area. Y'all probably are wondering how I got here, here's how it all started.... Sike!

  Me and Alexis were bored so we came across this little speed dating thing on Instagram. We decided to give it a shot since we didn't have anything else to do. Alexis can't participate because she already has a dude. So now I have to enjoy this little event for the both of us. Eh, whatever. I low key don't want to be here because I'm not used to this new age stuff. Where I come from, if you like someone, you just approach them and go from there. I guess since most people are scare to do that for fear of other things, mainly rejection, they decided to move to online or these types of events so it's more easier for them. I guess it'll take some getting used to on my part. 

  "Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us today. We will begin in a few minutes. The rules are as follows...' she said as I began to drown her out. Alexis already went over this so I'm not really that interested in what she had to say right now. I was snapped out of my day dream by the sound of a bell ringing and Alexis giving me a thumbs up. I let out a laugh as I seen a heap of people start coming to the tables. A unisex speed dating, I'm with it. 

A few moments later... 

  Yeah I want to go now. I met a few potential ones but then they shot themselves in the foot as the conversation got deeper. One was saying how he couldn't be seen with and ugly person even though he really wasn't the best looking person here, go figure. Another one kept bragging about the money he had and how he could buy someone's life at the drop of a dime. Definitely a get out moment. Another kept talking about her beauty. I literally can not stand those types of people. Like if you are beautiful, you do not need me to tell you 700 times a day nor do you need to rub it in people's face either. If I wiped your face with a baby wipe, would you still be beautiful? Thought so.

  I was playing games on my phone when this guy came and sat down in front of me:   

  He's kinda cute. Let's see where this goes. "Sure go ahead." I said as I continued to play the game on my phone. "You not gonna look at me?" he said. Now he has my attention. I put my phone down and looked at him. I'm liking this little vision here. "What's your name?" I asked with an eyebrow raised. "It's Marcellus." he responded with a smile. We spent the rest of the time getting to know each other. OK universe I see you working. The bell rung signaling that it was time to switch. "I wanted to get to know you more." he said as he stood up. "Who said you couldn't?" I smiled as stood up with him. I grabbed his hand and lead hit to the bar.