22

"Don't say you miss me."

Rob POV

  "Lonely, lonely lonely, lonely night" I sung as I waded through the plains. It's weird being stuck inside your own body. Or between life and death. At this point, I don't even know where exactly I'm at. It's weird because I can sing a lyric to a song and the actual song will play. In stereo too like I'm at my own concert or I made my own spotify. I danced around the plain as the song continued. I'm definitely lonely right now. Once the song ended, I sat down and took a minute to catch my breath. 

  "What am I supposed to do now?" I said aloud as I looked up. This is nice and peaceful and allat but I really want to go home and be with my baby. I know he's stressing out to the max. I wish a door would've appeared for me like it did for those two guys. I couldn't help but feel like I met them before. "I guess I did." I said as I shrugged my shoulders.  Derrick, I really miss you. Like magic, videos of me and Derrick was now scattered across the fields. I got up and looked around. The whole field was damn near covered. "Wow we have that many memories?" I said as I continued to look around. "I guess, I'll start with this one." I said as I walked to the nearest one. 

Derrick POV 

  "How is he?" I said as I walked in the room. "No movement still. The doctor said everything is fine though." Alexis said as she got up. Rob's room was sorrounded with ballons, cards and flowers from a bunch of family and friends. I've been coming here for three weeks straight after work. My job offered me time off but me and Rob made a promise that we would only use that only if we had each other's consent. It's kinda stupid but that's the pact we made. That and the fact that bills still had to get paid. Alexis has been taking care of Rob's living expenses by starting a GoFundMe for him. He grossed over 10k. That should take care of him for a good minute. 

  Every day seemed to have bared the same results and with each day, I grew more and more impatient. I just want him to come back to me. "Baby I missed you." I said as I kissed his check. Most of his injuries have healed. The cast on his leg should be coming off sometime this week. I made sure he was looking up to par by making sure his hair stayed cut and face was spotless. I  personally did those things as I don't trust these nurses. "They asked about you again at work today. Who knew you would steal my co workers from me." I said as I gave him a weak laugh. "Malik said when you finally wake up, he gonna kick you ass for making him worry and then make you that bomb seafood salad." I laughed as I stroked his cheek. 

  "I was also thinking about us taking a vacation when you wake up. With all this drama going on, I think it would be good for us to get away. Just you and me. What do you say?" I said smiling at him. It's not like he could see me anyway. I just hope he heard me.I actually do want to get away. It's like every time we have a slight chance of happiness, boom, there's drama right behind it. "You've been on my mind 24/7 so I haven't had the chance to even think about anyone else. I didn't forget your threat." I laughed as it replayed in my mind. 'Derrick if something happens to me and I find out you was doing some foul shit, on God I'm killing you and that bitch.' He's so hostile but I love it. It just tells me that he loves hard and is scared to get hurt. 

  I would know because we're one in the same. I turned to look at him as I noticed a tear was falling down his face. "Don't cry baby. I'm not going anywhere. I'm right here." I said as I pulled my chair closer to him. "Just come back to me and you'll see that I never left. Come back to me." I said holding his hand tighter as I laid my head against his bed. 

Rob POV  

  "Slam my door again." I said to Derrick as I watched the memory of our argument play. I'm not even gonna lie, that shit was brutal. It was almost like we didn't know each other. Hearing the shit we said to each other that specific day brought tears to my eyes. Both of us went below the belt. That look he had in his eyes the next day will forever be engraved in my head. He looked so hurt, defeated, regretful and tired at the same time. While I instantly wanted to forgive him, I knew I couldn't. "OK this is bringing back too many emotions." I said as I walked away from it. I noticed that it completely disappeared after that.