11

"I ain't even gotta try, it's in my DNA"

Rob POV

  "When should I sock you?" I asked Alexis as we walked. "So that's Derrick? He's fine as hell." she said ignoring everything I just said. (A/N: I'm not sure if her and Derrick already met, if they did, ignore that). "You heard me." I said nudging her. "No I really didn't. What you say?" she said as I sighed. "When should I sock you. How you gonna let him kidnap me like that?" I asked as she laughed. "It's not kidnapping if you like it." she said with her tongue out. Didn't have a comeback for that. "I thought so." she said as she laughed. We walked into a  shoe store while I thought about what just happened 3 hours ago. I hope he's here just visiting so I won't have to see him again. 

   "How do these look?" she said walking out with a pair of shoes on. "It looks like somebody glued bamboo to your ankles. Nah." I said as she laughed. She came out with a different pair of shoes. "I like those. You about to snatch somebody man with those. I see you." I said as she danced. "Something light. Send that nigga right back to her at night." she said as I laughed. "You so corny." I laughed. "You love my corniness though. So what are you gonna do about Mr. Man?" she asked as she went back into the changing room. "I don't know. Stay as far away from him as I can. i refuse to get played like that again." I said to her.

  "He didn't play you though did he?" she said as I thought about it. "Well no, yeah, kinda." I said sounding confused my damn self. "What did he say exactly?" she asked coming out the room. "He was planning to take me on a date but got ambushed by the news of him being transferred. Communication was abruptly cut between the both of us since we both got our numbers changed, just one big miscommunication." I said as she nodded her head. "I think you should give him another chance. The guy is head over heels for you. Did you not see his face when he saw you? He was happy as hell. Fucking teeth could've gave a blind man vision." she said as I hollered in the damn store getting weird looks from everybody. 

  "My bad y'all. You play entirely too much." I said as I laughed at her. "For real though. That man is fine as hell. Grab him before he moves on to someone else." she said as I thought about that. I really want to but for some reason, something is holding me back. "Well enough about that let's finish up since we have an important meeting to attend tomorrow." she said as we finally left the store. 

Derrick POV     

  I'm going to make him mine. Watch me. He's everything I want if only he could see that. It's cool though I'm just gonna have to prove it to him. "Hey lover boy. You hear me?" Malik said as we were walking. "Nah my bad, what you say?" I said looking at him. "I said make sure you get some rest tomorrow, we have an important business meeting tomorrow." he said again. "I got you." I said as I dapped him up. "You know who gonna be there?" I asked him. "Nah but I heard we have a strong partnership with the company but that's all I got." he said as I shrugged my shoulders. "Ight well I'll see you tomorrow then." I said as I waved to him. 

  On my way home, I stopped by a florist to get some roses. Phase one of making him fall for me is a go. 

Rob POV   

  I was awakened by the sound of my alarm clock. "I'm up. I'm up. What you so loud for?" I said as I got up. I'm so not ready for today but then again, I am. Anything to get this day over with. Luckily I my job was outside the city so I could drive my car. I hurried up and got dressed before making something quick to eat. "Hey baby. Did you miss me because I missed you." I said to my 2009 Chevy Malibu. I pulled the sun roof back before pulling out the drive way. I didn't have to wait for Alexis because she left before I did (she texted me earlier while I was getting dressed). When I pulled up to the building, I sat there for a moment and took it all in.