~ 15

Chapter 15 |

Michael's Pov

"An omelette? Ooh," Kyela giggled as I handed her the plate of food. I used my cooking to distract me, but I couldn't use it for long.

I sat down next to her in the bed, and I picked up the stuffed monkey on the bed and tickled Kees' face with it. He giggled and tried to grab it from me, but I pulled it away and brought it back to his face. Honestly, he was the cutest baby I had ever seen, and I wanted him to stay that way forever, but he was changing and getting bigger and bigger every month, and I couldn't take it. His eyes had darkened a little. They were still green, but they were much darker than Kyela's now. He smiled just like her, which made me think that he looked a lot more like her than me. His curls were still pretty wild, but Kyela had started to brush it down in a way that it looked tamed.

"Janet flew in this morning, so she's gonna come over and help you out while I go out later," I said to Kyela.

"Well it should only be for a few hours, right? I'll be fine by myself," Kyela mumbled with a mouth full of food. I looked up at her, and she sighed, "Whatever."

I rolled onto my back and thrusted Kees into the air earning a smile from him that I loved. Kyela thumped me in the arm, and I laughed.

"I hope he throws up on you," she said, "He just ate."

"Wouldn't be the first time," I said as I brought him back down to my chest. A part of me couldn't wait to see him grow up and start talking and walking and doing older kids things, but another part of me needed him to stay this way forever and everything else around us too.

• • •

I sat in the parking lot tapping my fingers against the car door. This was taking too long, and I really didn't want to be here. I could be at home in my own bed with my wife instead of waiting on this dumbass.

Just then, there was a knock on the passenger window. I unlocked the car door, and it opened, and he got in. I locked the door and started the car.

"You smell like shit," I said. I pulled out of the parking lot.

He sighed, "If you're going to insult me, I can just leave now. You called me, remember?"

I snorted, "Not because I wanted to. This shit you got us into is still happening, and I obviously can't make it go away, so who else was I gonna call?"

"And what makes you so sure that I got us into this?" He argued.

I chuckled sarcastically, "You know what? I'm not sure, I'm really not, but had you listened to anything that anybody told you, it wouldn't have come this far, don't you think?"

He took a deep breath. "It's not my fault," he said.

I came to a stop at a red light, and I leaned over to reach into the glove compartment. I pulled out the box and tossed it into his lap. He looked down at it with a confused expression.

"Open that, and tell me you didn't know anything about it," I demanded.

"What?"

"Just open it," I told him. The light turned green, and I took off down the street.

I heard the crumpling of paper before a sigh, and he began to stutter, "I-I don't know why you think I'm actually behind this. I don't even know where she is, and I haven't talked to her since that day I went to your house."

I grunted in response and pulled into the hotel parking lot. Jermaine and Janet were already staying here, so I figured to drop him off here too. I put the car in park and finally turned to face him for the first time.

"You better find her and bring her to me, or I will kill you if she does anything to hurt my wife or my kids," I warned, "Now, get out."

Marlon's Pov

I slammed the door to the car and watched Michael speed off into the distance. I put on my sunglasses although it was almost nine at night, and I walked into the hotel. I pulled out my wallet and walked up to the front desk.

"Could I have a room please? Whatever's available," I said.

I checked my phone as the woman behind the desk prepared my key card, and I sighed. I hadn't talked to Regan in the last few months or so, and I didn't really want to start back again. However, I needed to. She could've done anything to herself, to our unborn child. I kept hoping and praying that she wouldn't do anything to hurt it. If she did what I really expected her to do, I wouldn't be surprised to find the baby at my doorstep in the next couple of weeks. She should be far enough along for her to make a decision about what she wants for our baby. That's all I really wanted out of this ever since she told me.

I walked down the hall to my hotel room, and I placed the phone to my ear. It rang about four times before I was greeted with silence, and my heart skipped a beat.

"Regan? Regan, what the hell is going on?" I asked.

She groaned, "Why are you calling me this late at night? I'm trying to rest."

I switched hands to hold the phone. "I need to know where you are, and I need to check on you," I said. I opened the door to my hotel room and dropped my bag on the floor. I locked the door behind me and sat on the bed.

"Excuse me? I'm a big girl, and I don't need you running up behind me. And for what? What could you possibly need to check on me for?" She pressed.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and tried not to snap at her.

"I want to know how my child is doing in there," I said.

She mumbled, "It's kicking. You could know if you showed up to the next doctor's appointment."

"Well, would you te-"

She hung up. I tried to call back, but she turned her phone off and wouldn't pick up the phone. She's pure evil, and I couldn't believe I got caught up with this girl. I wondered where I went wrong and what made her go rogue on me this way. None of it made sense at all, and I was too frustrated to keep going.

some of y'all of call her Ronald and Rega-roach and I think that's funny... Like really funny, lol. What do you think her motives are?