~ 20

Chapter 20 |

Kyela's Pov

"I... I feel like I have to be the one to fix this, not you," I told him.

His facial features softened, and he lowered his fist to his side. My heart beat slowed down a bit to a normal speed, and I sighed.

"Why would you say that?" He asked.

"It's true... I'm the reason she even met you, and that's how this whole thing started, and I feel like I have to put a stop to this," I said.

Michael stepped closer to me a little bit, and I looked to the floor.

"I'm not blaming you for this, Kye. You're my wife, and I'm going to happily protect you from anything I can," he said, "Especially while you're pregnant."

I sighed, and he came close enough to touch my arm. I looked up at him, and he shook his head.

"How about you just lay low until the baby gets here? No unnecessary stress, no more complications," he suggested.

I clenched my fist at my side as a subtle Braxton-Hick traveled through my abdomen.

"Look at you... You don't need to be worrying about this. You need to lie down," Michael said as he nudged me backwards.

I shook my head. "It wasn't that bad. I'm okay," I said.

The contractions started a week ago, but they weren't getting stronger or more frequent, which proved to be a good thing. I didn't have very many Braxton-Hicks with Kees, so they were fairly alarming at first. I just hoped they stayed this way until it was actually time for me to give birth.

"I wasn't asking," Michael declared.

I rolled my eyes and groaned. He grabbed my shoulders and began walking towards our bedroom. "Let's go," he said.

I complained, "I don't want to lay down."

"Don't be a brat," he laughed at me.

He got me into bed, and I sighed. He glared at me for a moment, and I just gave him a challenging stare.

"What is it now?" He asked as he sat at the foot of the bed.

"I need to pee," I giggled.

He rolled his eyes and laughed along with me. "Okay, then go," he permitted.

He got up from the bed and walked over to the door where his shoes were. As I got up, I put my hands on my hips.

"Where are you going?"

He shrugged. "I told you I'm going to handle this. Just let me," he said without looking at me.

I pursed my lips and walked into the bathroom anyway.

"You better be in bed by the time I get back!" He yelled from the room.

This chapter is super short because... Well, just because it is. I have everything planned out, and things will be happening very quickly 👀