~ 32

Chapter 32 |

Kyela's Pov

He shook his leg so hard that the whole bed made a noise. I sighed in hopes that he would quit, but he was at it for a solid five minutes.

"If we're gonna be stuck to this bed forever, could you calm the shaking?" I finally asked.

He didn't so much as look at me. He continued to shake his foot vigorously, and I groaned. I reached up to scratch my wrist underneath the handcuff, and I felt him try to pull his hand away. Since they had strategically cuffed our hands together and twisted it around the metal of the bed, he yanked my hand towards him. I felt the metal pinch my skin, and I bit down on my lip to keep from yelping in pain.

Sniffling, I said, "Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to be divorced then."

He took a deep breath.

"If I could figure out how much child support I'd have to pay," he shot back.

My heart fluttered in my chest, and I just wanted to claw my eyes out. She had taken me back to a dark time in my life. Well, I had a lot of dark times, but that could have possibly been the darkest. That's a debatable fact.

I shook my head. "She didn't tell the full story. You don't know what happened," I defended.

He scoffed, "So, it's a story now? Typical..."

"And you don't have one? I thought we were doing fine, but you have divorce papers," I snapped.

"They weren't for me," he said.

"What? Were you holding them for a friend?" I retorted.

He shook his head. "I got them for you. We weren't in a good place when you moved back to Miami, remember? I didn't know what you wanted, so I tried to prepare myself, and that was the only thing I could think of to fix it. I never got rid of them, and I don't know why," he explained.

I looked at him out of the corner of my eye, but he was still staring straight ahead.

"You don't think I could've made that decision for myself?" I asked.

He stayed silent.

"Nothing..." I said.

He huffed, "Fuck that, Kyela. You're hiding an entire child from me, and the only thing you can think of is a divorce?"

I gulped. "I'm not hiding a child from you. I wouldn't do that," I defended.

"Then, what the fuck is she talking about? Did she lie about that? Out of everybody she talked about, the only person she lied about you was you? How ironic," he said.

"It's not like that..."

"Okay, so what is it? I need answers, Kyela. Just like you said, I thought we were doing fine, but you have a secret baby!"

I sighed, "There is no baby, Michael!"

"What else could it be?!" He screamed at me while looking me in the eyes deeply.

"I had a miscarriage after we broke up when I thought you cheated on me, and I left," I confessed finally.

His face fell instantly, and he tried sitting up in the bed but failed miserably, falling back down. He turned his body to face me instead.

"You were pregnant and didn't tell me?" He asked.

I sucked my teeth. "I didn't know it before I left. I got so stressed when I left, and I felt all the pain, and that's when I realized what was happening, but it was too late. I was trying to forget you, and there was no reason to go back then. All my connections to you were gone..."