~ 16

Chapter 16 |

Marlon's Pov

I read the brochure that was on the nightstand and noticed that the hotel had free continental breakfast every morning. Might as well help myself then. I got up and brushed my teeth and threw on a T-shirt and a pair of cargo shorts.

I opened the door and sighed at the emptiness of the hallway. I barely got out of the door before I crushed something under my foot. I looked down and saw a cardboard box, so I sighed and picked it up.

"Who could this be from?" I asked myself sarcastically.

I brought it back into my room and locked the door behind me just in case. I ripped the box open and threw it onto the hotel room desk. The first thing I pulled out was a pair of black lacy underwear. It looked familiar, a little too familiar actually.

"Really Regan? Grow up," I spoke to myself. I rolled my eyes and pushed them to the side and reached for the envelope inside the box as well.

I ripped the paper and pulled out a few photos from the envelope. I turned them over and shuffled through them a few times. I couldn't believe my eyes as I looked over the ultrasound pictures. Why is she doing this to me?

Simone's Pov

I squeezed a little bit of oil into my palms and rubbed them together. I pressed my thumbs deeply into Jermaine's back and moved up and down his spine. He groaned into the pillow underneath his face, and I smiled. I massaged his muscles like it was a ball of dough before moving to his neck.

I flinched when I heard a knock at the door. Jermaine turned his head, and I sighed, "Did you call room service or something?"

He shook his head as I climbed off of his and scrubbed my hands on a towel on the nightstand. I tied the ribbon in front of my robe and went to the door. I stuck my head out, and there was no one there. I groaned and rolled my eyes before shutting the door. When I turned around, I immediately bumped into Jermaine's hefty 6'1" frame.

"What was that?" He asked.

"What was what?" I responded.

He sighed and pushed past me. He swung open the door and bent down. He came back up with a box in his hand, and I just stared at him.

"This," he said.

I bit my lip and grabbed the box from him. The pocket knife I keep near me at all times was on the nightstand so I grabbed it and cut the tape off of the box. I looked at Jermaine as he sat on the bed, and he silently urged me to keep going. My hands shook slightly, but I pulled the flaps open and covered my nose immediately. A foul stench filled the room quickly, so I reached in and pulled out a photo that was in the box and closed it to somehow mask the odor.

I turned the picture over and narrowed my eyes. "What the fuck?"

I walked over to the window and unlocked it so I could open it and air out the smell. It was overpowering, and I had no idea what it was.

"Well, what is it?" I heard behind me.

I shook my head as I stared at the picture not believing that this was real. "It's just a picture," I said, still looking at it, "A picture of me and my ex..."

"Justin?" Jermaine asked.

I looked up at him and shook my head. "No. It's Drew," I said.

The look on Jermaine's face told me I should probably check what's left in the box, so I did. I covered my nose and lifted the flaps before gasping. I lifted a dead rat by its tail from the box only to find that it was decapitated. I shrieked and dropped it back into the box. Jermaine came over and glanced at it before turning away in disgust. I bolted to the bathroom and threw up into the toilet.

"Simone, I'm gonna go... Throw this out," Jermaine said.

"Okay," I yelled back while still over the toilet.

I heard the door close after a few seconds, then I got up from the floor. I flushed the toilet and went over to the sink to wash my hands and brush my teeth. I almost threw up again because the smell was still floating around the room. I went into the room and sat on the bed. I groaned and laid back with my hands over my eyes, but my rest was interrupted when there was another knock on the door.

Skeptical, I reached for my pocket knife and checked the peephole. I opened the door quickly when I saw Michael standing at the door.

"How long have you been here?" I asked quietly.

He looked around. "I just got here," he said.

I pulled him into the room and shut the door fast. His face scrunched in disgust.

"What the fuck? It smells like death in here. Where is Jermaine?" Michael said.

I shook my head. "He'll be back in a second. What do you want?"

I folded my arms, and he didn't answer me. I sighed and went to the other side of the room to breathe in some fresh air from the window. I looked up at him, and he removed his sunglasses from his face, and I saw how red his eyes were. He had some nerve.

Hm, what is Michael about to say? Can anybody guess? What about these boxes that keep popping up?

I didn't let Marlon get his breakfast lol