Chapter 22

I had grown so dependent on Rose that I had to text her every now and then about little things. She was kind enough to respond quickly and that made me feel like a dick. I had given her the day off for her to rest but I was incapable of managing without her. Goddamn it!

I recalled the reasons for my actions. First, she was unwell. Second, and more vexing, was Mark. He was always lurking around the office, and I wanted to keep him away from her. I was determined to prevent Mark from getting close to my Rose.

Entering the conference room filled with shareholders, I noticed their gaze as I nodded in acknowledgment. Among them was Henry, the majority shareholder. Despite my wishes, I couldn't remain indifferent to him.

"Good morning, gentlemen," I greeted, settling into my seat.

"Why was this meeting called without prior notice? A week's notice would have been preferable to a last-minute call," Henry remarked, a presence I'd rather not confront.

Ignoring his comment, I began my address.

"Gentlemen, I'll get straight to the point without wasting time on formalities..." The meeting lasted about an hour. I presented my new business prospects to them. This project held special significance for both me and my wife, Rose. She was yet to learn about it, but she would soon.

After the investors dispersed, Henry lingered. I noticed him approach my desk.

"Rose wasn't present. She usually assists you in all your presentations," he observed.

"I gave her a day off," I responded, not meeting his gaze.

"Is something wrong with her?" He asked, concern evident in his voice.

"That's none of your concern," I retorted coldly.

Matching my icy tone, he replied, "She's my daughter, I'm worried for her. Is she alright?"

"She's not your daughter. She's my wife. I suggest you mind your own business."

"She may be your wife, but I care for her as if she were my own daughter," he dared to refer to my wife as his daughter.

"Your daughter?" A bitter laugh escaped my lips. "What do you know about being a father?"

His face fell into a defeat, it gave me no real pleasure to see him that way even though I knew his concerns for my wife were without any selfish motive. Still, he was a lousy parent and Rose was better off without his influence in her life.

"Evan, my son, why do you persistently misunderstand me? I have deep regrets for the decisions I've made in the past. If I had the power to turn back time, I would do so without hesitation. The period I spent with your mother was the happiest time of my life..." Exasperated that he'd bring up my absent mother just to prove a point I shot out my hand to stop him from speaking further. He'd say anything to justify his cheating, lying ways. I had enough of me.

"Don't say another word." I warned. But I knew my stubbornness came from him, so it didn't stop him from speaking.

"It's the truth, son. Your mother left us all and I was distraught and..."

"Shut up. Just shut the fuck up. You who ruined our lives. It's you who is responsible for my mother leaving me. I was just a kid. A three-year-old. She left me crying. I begged her to stay but she still left. You have the nerve to tell me you were happy then? She's gone because of you. You were never a father to me. You will never be." My heart was thumping, and my blood was pumping faster than ever. I wanted to punch him, hit him, and break everything that came in my sight. He had no right to come back into my life.

He didn't speak. He didn't have anything to say. I couldn't think straight. I needed to be out of here. Away from him. I needed my Rose. She calmed me. She always did.

*****

I discovered Rose, elegantly stretched out on the couch. However, I was certain she wasn't asleep. Her pink lips were curled into a captivating smile. Each glance I cast her way seemed to gather fragments of my heart, slowly piecing it back together. The gentle curve of her lips and the soothing tone of her voice as she uttered my name stirred a profound longing within me, a yearning that only she could quench. She must have sensed me approach, because her eyes fluttered open to meet mine.

"Evan.." Before she could say anything further, I was kissing her beautiful lips. She tasted like honey, sweet and addictive. I kneaded her breasts and pushed her top up to find the bare skin underneath.

"...what are you doing?" She pulled away breathless. I answered her by pushing her down on the couch and kissing her again. Only she could calm the storm in my heart. Losing myself in her was the best drug. I couldn't get enough of her. Her soft body was pressed against mine making me harder than ever. All I needed was to sink my cock into her and surrender myself.

My hands travelled to the drawstrings of her sweatpants. I fumbled for about three seconds before I opened them and pulled them down. I could see the worry in her eyes. But I just wanted to lose myself in her tonight.

"Evan, what are you doing?" She asked softly and I knew she was aroused as well.

"I want you." It was enough for her to know. Rose didn't protest. She knew me, she knew I needed her. She softened and surrendered herself to me. Her plush body gave me comfort. My dick was throbbing, painfully so to be inside her. Every inch of her body begged to be worshipped and I would do so once I had my head back on my shoulders. For now, I would use her body to satisfy myself.

Her soft moans turned into helpless little whimpers when I roughly fucked her. But I knew she could take me. She was often shy when it came to sex but with a little push, she flowered open and begged for more. I found great pride in making her come for me. Her tight little cunt squeezed me like a vice. She was so beautiful and perfect.

I also saw the worry in her eyes. She had to be bothered by the urgency of our fucking, but she waited, patiently and silently for me to finish fucking her first.

I emptied myself in her when she climaxed around me.

As I lay panting and relaxed beside her, I could finally think again. I shrugged out of my jacket and carried her over to our bed. Then I took her again worshipping her until neither of us had anymore to give.

"Are you okay?" Her soft voice brought me back to life. I had mistaken her to be asleep, but she was awake and waiting for me.

"Now I am." I kissed the palm of her hand and lips curved into a smile, and because she deserved to know the truth I spoke, "Henry showed up to my office today. It didn't go well." She understood how my father impacted my life even though I didn't elaborate further. Visits from him often ended up souring my mood.

She laid her head on my chest and cuddled closer to me.

"I'm sorry, I let him get to me." And I had sought comfort in the arms of my wife. She didn't deserve to bear the brunt of my anger.

Rose's hands went to my hair sifting through them. I felt the tension evaporate. Closing my eyes I leaned onto her. Long moments passed and then her hands stopped their movements.

"Why'd you stop?" I asked. She was lost deep in thought. I couldn't read her, but I knew something was troubling my wife. "What's going on in that pretty head of yours?"

She stole her gaze from me unable to meet my eyes. She only ever did that when she was hiding something.

"I need a shower and then I'll tell you." I let her get away from me. My wife was deeply disturbed by something. I'd find out soon.

. . .

Follow me on instagram @authoreval for more.

Vote
Comment
& Share