Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Tell her to take her money back. I am not giving the land." Drago Barzzeti simply said.

"But Sir, she said she will take you to court. And why have you suddenly changed your decision? She is paying a very good price. And that land is unused for the past three years. Then why?" His lawyer asked, not understanding Drago's complex ways to do business.

"Do not tell me what to do. Call her and ask her if she wants her money back in cash or cheque." He said, sitting back leisurely.

"Sir, I assure you she won't accept your decision. I have talked to her and she is adamant to meet you." The lawyer tried to make him understand. And it was true, the lady sounded very unwavering.

"Damn it. Call her tomorrow at one. I will tell her myself." Drago said irritated.

"Very well Sir." The man nodded.

Drago Barzetti shook his head as his lawyer walked out of his cabin. That woman, Sonia whatever, does not know with whom she is dealing. She surely does not know anything about him. Otherwise she would never have even thought about going against him and on top of that, she is warning him! Never ever has anyone had the guts to warn him about anything!

Well, let her come tomorrow. She will go back with her mouth shut and head down.

He wanted to start the work of the hotel he's planning to construct on the same land as soon as possible but now this woman and her 'warning' was disturbing him. He did not want any legal problems surrounding his work, so the paperwork and construction will have to wait. But only till tomorrow.

His thoughts were interrupted as his phone vibrated in his pocket.

Mother

"Good morning Mom." He said, his anger forgotten.

"Morning darling! Why did you leave without having breakfast today?" His mother, Julia Barzetti, asked in a sweet but worried tone.

"I had a meeting. And I did have coffee." He replied in a not-so-reassuring tone.

"But I made your favourite French egg bread!" He could hear his mother's disappointed tone.

"You mean French toast?" He chuckled.

"What is the difference?" His mother said and he could almost hear her pout.

"Mom, I will have it in dinner." He said, shrugging.

"You cannot. Your Dad ate it all. I will see you later then." She said and laughed, cutting the call.

Drago just chuckled.

--

"I will be there by one. Thank you." Sonia tried to control her happiness as she talked to Drago Barzzeti's secretary.

She quickly messaged Tara about the development and sat down to eat her cake in piece. She was five bites in when her phone rang again.

Mom

"Mom! I missed you so much!" She said, licking her spoon and making cute kissing noises.

"Not enough to call me!" Her mother sweetly scolded her.

"Sorry, I was very busy!" Sonia apologised and her mother laughed softly.

"I know darling, its ok! I know you are a workaholic, just like me and your dad. I have no one to blame!" She chuckled and Sonia laughed as well.

"How are you guys?" She asked, as she took the cake and put it in the refrigerator.

"We are fine, Alexa is good as well." Her mother said and proceeded to tell her various details of the day that she had spent with her little sister. Sonia suddenly felt overwhelmed as she heard her mother's excited voice and tried to blink her sudden tears away as she unexpectedly felt homesick. She nodded as her mother talked and talked, wanting to tell her daughter everything she was missing.

"Oh darling, come back soon! We all are missing you so much! Your dad almost packed his bags two days ago to visit you!" Her mother said in a sad tone and Sonia sighed.

"Mom, I miss you all too! But you know I cannot come until the foundation's construction finishes and even after that, I will have to stay here for at least a month or two to get things started smoothly!" She explained and could almost see her nodding in understanding.

"I know darling! It's just that you have never stayed away for more than two months and this time it's almost six months!" She said.

"What can I do Mom? This is the biggest orphanage and it will take time to be built and-

"I understand sweety, don't worry at all! We will be fine!" Her mother said in a loving tone and Sonia almost smiled when her mother started again."Ok, did you eat your breakfast? And what are you having for lunch? Don't tell me you will go out and eat! How many times have I told you it is not that difficult to make a healthy lunch? Take two multi-grain breads, put some nice, vegetable stuffing, put some cheese and grill it! Done!"

"Ok Mom, I will do that!" Sonia laughed and lay down on the bed, smiling to herself.

"Ok then, I will call you later, I have a meeting." Her mother said and Sonia cut the call, putting on phone in charging. Sighing, she closed her eyes and slipped into a slumber.

--

"Drago, you look tensed." His father said as soon as he entered the living room.

"It's nothing Dad, work." He shrugged and Orlando Barzetti frowned.

"Work and giving you tension?" He chuckled. "Must be my dream!"

"Oh darling, why are you teasing him? He really does look tensed!" His mother said as she walked in, a glass of cool water in her hands. His father chuckled again and sighed, picking up his phone which had suddenly started ringing.

"Excuse me, I have to attend this." He said and went out while Drago's mom took her husband's seat.

"What happened darling?" She asked and Drago smiled, knowing he can never lie to his mother.

"You know the land which was lying unused, near the-

"I know, I know, what about it? Weren't you selling it to someone?" She asked and he nodded.

"Yes, I was. But now I am not." He said and his mother frowned.

"What? Why not?" She asked and he smiled.

"I have decided to build a hotel there, for Gina." He said and his mother sat there, unable to understand.

"But, wasn't the land almost bought by someone? Last I heard, they had paid the advanced amount and were willing to pay you more than the market price? Why have you decided to build something on that land now?" His mother asked.

"It's just that it's Gina's birthday in a few months and I wanted to surprise her with something special, so-

"This is wrong son." His mother interrupted him. "This is very wrong. This is not how you do business! I know it was your land but now it is not. It is someone else's!"

"Not yet Mom, I haven't sold it yet." He said and his mother sighed.

"But the papers are ready, payments are done! If you wanted to use the land, you should have done it before! Not now when someone else is planning their dream on it! Son, one thing is very important in business. Never mix your personal and professional lives together. Your love for Gina is one thing, your business ethics are another. Do not mix them! Do you know you can be taken to court for this?" His mother said in a disappointed tone and Drago looked down. 

--

I do not own the picture. Credit goes to owner.