Chapter 35

EDITED

"Hey! Get up!" Tara shouted at Sonia, who just mumble and didn't budge from the sleeping position she was in.

"Honey! Darling!" Tara said in a sarcastic, sweet tone and pulled the pillow from beneath her friend's head.

"What the f-

"Hey shh! No cursing in the morning!" Tara smirked as Sonia snatched the pillow from her and lied down again. "Why are you going back to sleep!"

"I am very tired and today is Sunday so pleas-

"Today is Sunday?" Tara gasped and took her phone to see the day. "Oh my God, how didn't I remember? Now I am all ready and...are you asleep?"

Tara stared at her friend who was fast asleep again and sighed. Shaking her head, she quickly changed back into her pyjamas and jumped into the bed with her phone. Lying down, she looked at Sonia and couldn't help but notice her under eye bags and her slightly pale skin. Tara knew Sonia was working way too hard in the last few weeks, especially when she had left for America and after her sudden feelings for Drago, she was trying to bury herself in work. Tara also knew that Sonia felt too strong towards the man and it wasn't just a crush anymore.

When Sonia had told her about Drago's love story with Gina, Tara had noticed her friend's red and glassy eyes and the very slight tremor in her tone as she had finished telling her all about it. Especially during the dinner, when Drago and Gina sat near them, Sonia had hardly touched her food and was squirmy the whole time.

"Oh this is not good for you." Tara mumbled and sat up. "You are taking a holiday asap."

--

"What are you doing?" Sonia asked her friend when she woke up two hours later, only to see Tara packing some clothes. "Why are you packing? Are you going back again?"

"No. But you are." Tara smiled and kept packing as Sonia realized it was her clothes that Tara was packing in the suitcase.

"What?" She frowned and quickly got up. "I am not going anywh-

"You are. Your tickets are booked. Your cab is booked. Your snack is ready. Your phone is charged. I just have to pack your toiletries and you have to leave in an hour. Your parents will be waiting for you at the airport." Tara explained. "Well, I don't know about the parents thing but other than that, everything is going to happen."

"You can't be serious!" Sonia exclaimed and tried to remove her clothes from the suitcase. "I have so much work her-

"I will take care of that. It's just for a week and-

"A week? I can't be gone for seven days-

"Why not?" Tara closed the suitcase with a thump and put in on the ground. "Why can't you take a break? You are not a freaking robot! You can't work everyday-

"I do not work every day; I take breaks on Sundays-

"By doing what? Work from home?" Tara said as she moved to the washroom to collect Sonia's stuff as Sonia quickly moved to take her suitcase.

"Don't you touch that!" Tara screamed as she walked into the room with Sonia's shampoo and toothbrush and Sonia stood there as quiet as a statue. Tara put the two things in Sonia's purse and walking to the bedside table, took out her phone and charger and put them in her purse, all while Sonia stood there silently.

"Okay, all done!" Tara exclaimed and went up to her friend. "Listen, I know that you are having a hard time lately because of...many things. And I love you, so I am sending you to relax for a bit. You are working too hard. Stay with your family for a few days, away from everything. Spend some time there, just a few days. I am sure you'll feel better. Will you go? Please?"

Sonia sighed and looked at her friend's earnest face before nodding slowly.

"Great! Now go and get ready. Your cab will be here in fifteen minutes. You can have your sandwich in the cab, I'll pack it! Your clothes are in the bathroom. Go, go, Go!" Tara instructed quickly as Sonia laughed before rushing into the washroom.

--

Drago reached his office an hour later than usual the next day because Gina had arrived unannounced at his place for breakfast. For the first time in his life, he was not over the moon to see her and was actually trying to leave as soon as possible. And if he thought he was being subtle with his unusual behavior then he was very wrong because everyone noticed. Even Mateo!

After dropping a visually annoyed Gina at her apartment, Drago went straight to his office.

Two meetings later, he was back in his cabin, sipping his coffee when he remembered something. He hadn't messaged Sonia yesterday at all and somehow he felt something was not right between them. Taking out his phone, he quickly sent a Hey, how are you today? And waited for the reply. Half an hour later, there was no notification that indicated that she had replied back.

Drago frowned as he looked at the time. It was two pm now and usually it meant it was Sonia's break's end. She should have been free in the last half hour but she didn't reply him back. He wondered if she was too busy to talk to him and unknowingly pouted at the thought.

"Excuse me Sir." Tisha's voice made him look up in question. "The Mayor's office sent Ms Alexander's documents to us. Can I go to drop them off? I will be back in half an hour and you don't have any meetings for the next two hours."

"Yeah." Drago nodded and Tisha almost left his cabin when he stopped her. "Wait, I don't have any more meetings yet?"

"Yes, your next meeting is with Bajaj Textiles at four-fifteen p.m." Tara informed and Drago nodded.

"Okay, so you stay here." He said and stood up to walk towards her. "I will go and drop this off."

Saying so, he took the file from Tisha's hand and left, with a sly smile on his face.

--

I do not own the picture. Credit goes to owner.