Chapter 15

EDITED

Even after arguing overnight, Tara wasn't able to give a valid explanation to why she had given Drago, a total stranger, their address and Sonia was not talking to her. It was nine am, they were at the construction site, working away. Sonia hadn't talked to her since they woke up, didn't even let her borrow her perfume which she did everyday and now Tara was sure she could cry any minute.

"I am sorry." Tara said as Sonia walked ahead of her.

"I really am!" She said again as she followed her friend.

Sonia just kept walking, looking around and talking to a worker about the kind of wood they were going to use in the building and where could they buy them in good quality and at a reasonable price.

"I know a man at that workshop." The worker was saying as Tara stood behind them, tapping her foot impatiently. "I think he can give us some discount but not much."

"It's fine. Can we visit the workshop today?" Sonia asked as the worker nodded.

"I think. Let me call him and ask. It closes around seven so we can go by five?" He asked and took out his phone as Sonia gave him a thumbs up.

"Finally!" Tara mumbled to herself as the worker left. "Hey, I just remembered that when I was going through some documents yesterday, I found something unusual."

"What?" Sonia frowned and Tara glared at her.

"So you are talking to me when I talk work but can't talk to me when I am saying sorry!" She said and folded her arms angrily but Sonia just looked at her and shook her head in exasperation.

"Madam, someone is at the office to see you." A worker came and informed them.

Sonia nodded and looked at Tara, who just huffed and started walking towards the office. They quickly went to the direction of the office, not wanting to keep their guest waiting.

"Mrs Barzetti." Tara said as she walked inside the office and looked at the unexpected visitor.

"Hello dear, how are you!" Julia smiled and shook her hand as Sonia walked in.

"We are great. How come you are...here?" Tara said and sat down, gesturing Julia to have a seat as well.

"Well, I heard about the accident." She said and held Sonia's hand, who was sitting beside her on the couch. "Thank God you are all okay."

"Yes." Sonia nodded and smiled. "It was quite frightening but we are okay. The worker, who was injured, is also much better now. The doctors are saying he will be fine in two weeks."

"That's good to hear." Julia smiled.

"Would you like anything? Tea, coffee, juice?" Tara offered but Julia shook her head.

"No, thank you. Actually, when I heard about the accident, I was really concerned about you girls. Drago told me that you weren't feeling too well?" She said, looking at Sonia who just nodded slightly. "You are here, alone, that's a lot. So I was thinking of inviting you to dinner tonight." Julia said and Tara smiled eagerly.

"We would love to come but I have to be somewhere today." Sonia said, remembering the impending visit to the workshop.

"But we will be there soon." Tara said and grinned.

"That's great." Julia smiled and nodded.

"Sorry." Sonia said as Julia got up to leave.

"No, no, I understand. Work is very important!" She said and patted her back. "But I will see you soon?"

"Sure." Sonia smiled and they bid goodbye to Julia.

"She is so cute. Can you believe she's Julia Barzetti!The Julia Barzetti! I could never believe that super rich people can be as sweet as her!" Tara exclaimed.

"Rich people can be nice and humble." Sonia said and chuckled before stopping herself. "Oh I forgot, I wasn't talking to you."

"Wha-you...I-

Tara kept grumbling as Sonia smirked and left the office quickly, leaving her mumbling friend alone.

--

Julia was welcomed home by her husband, who was back home a day earlier from his business trip only to surprise his wife.

"Oh my!" Julia was laughing heartily as her husband gave her a bouquet of red roses and a kiss.

"Mom, I can't believe you are surprised." Drago chuckled as he walked in. "He always does this!"

"Well, I see this trick still has its charm so what's the harm?" His mother chuckled and blushed.

Drago looked at his parents with affection, wondering if he would get this kind of love in his life anytime soon. People said that Drago Barzetti is a hardcore businessman with a heart of iron but he knew it wasn't so. He was a mere human too. The warmth he felt around his parents, he wished to feel with Gina but even after loving her for so many years, he never felt it once. There was comfort in their relationship but he could never feel the warmth or the affection he wanted.

And sometimes, this feeling left his heart feeling strangely hollow.

--

I do not own the picture. Credit goes to owner.