Chapter 33

EDITED

"What are you getting?" Tara asked while still looking the menu and frowned when her friend didn't answer. She looked up, only to see her slightly pale face. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Uh?" Sonia mumbled and looked at Tara. "Yeah, I am fine. What were you saying?"

"I was...asking what you are ordering?" Tara said slowly, knowing the reason of Sonia's sudden discomfort. "Or do you want to go home. We can have some pizza-

"No, no. Let me see." Sonia shook her head and hurriedly read the menu. "Excuse me." She called the waiter and they ordered the food. "And two more of these drinks, thank you."

"Are you sure you don't want to go home?" Tara asked, taking a discreet glance at the couple near them.

"Why would I...want to go home?" Sonia shrugged.

"No reason." Tara said and sat quietly, cursing herself to why she showed the couple to Sonia.

"How was your flight?" Sonia asked as their drinks came again.

"It was very comfortable." Tara said, understanding the change of topics. "I had no one sitting beside me, it was great! And they had some amazing sandwiches!"

"That's nice." Sonia nodded and smiled as she heard her friend talk about her trip and how it was teaching in a university.

--

"And then we were on this beautiful cruise and the Captian was so handsome!" Gina said as she sipped her drink.

"Hmm." Drago mumbled while eating his food.

"And then I jumped off the ship and a shark bit me." Gina said and Drago nodded.

"That's nice." He said, not really hearing what she was saying.

"Drago!" She exclaimed and he looked up in surprise.

"What?" He frowned and wiped his mouth.

"What is wrong with you? You are not even listening to me!" She pouted and slammed her fork on the table.

"I am sorry." He sighed. "I was thinking...something else."

"About what? The engagement you missed because of me?" She asked with crossed arms.

"Ye...no, about business, I have an important...meeting tomorrow so was-

"Anyways, what was I saying? Yes! The Captain was so cute and we had a beautiful candle-lit dinner at the-

Gina was interrupted by the ring of Drago's phone and he excused himself, feeling somewhat relieved.

"Hello?" He took the call aside.

"Where are you?" His mother's tense voice asked.

"I am having dinner with...someone." He said slowly, looking at Gina happily munching on her rice.

"What? Oh! Is it with Sonia again?" His mother suddenly sounded happy. "Then take your time, you can come home whenever you want! Goodnight!"

Before Drago could reply, his mother had cut the call. Somehow, he didn't want to hurt his mother's feelings by telling her that he was not with Sonia but Gina. He sighed and started walking towards his table when he was stopped by the sight of two women getting up from their seats.

"Sonia?" He mumbled as his friend took her jacket and, alongwith with Tara, started walking towards the exit, where he was standing. He stood there silently as they walked towards him but didn't see him.

"Sonia." He called as Tara was opening the door.

Sonia turned and looked at him, not looking surprised at all to see him here.

"Hey." She said with a tight smile.

"What are you...doing here?" He asked a rather dumb question.

"Exactly what you are doing here." She chuckled but it sounded fake. "Not really, I am not on a date."

"What?" He asked with a frown.

"Nothing. I will see you later, you should go back to...your friend." She said quickly and awkwardly before walking out of the door.

Drago frowned before he realized the meaning of her words.

She thinks I am on a date?

But before he could stop her, she had already left with Tara.

--

"Where were you?" Gina asked as he came back.

"Taking a call." He shrugged.

"Who was that girl?" She asked as she wiped her mouth.

"A friend." He said and took his wine to have a large sip.

"You have a girl friend?" She asked with crossed arms and he almost choked.

"She's...not." He cleared his throat. "She's not my girlfriend."

"I know, I was asking if you have a friend, who is a girl." She said with a raised eyebrow.

"Of course I do." He chuckled. "Is that hard to believe?"

"Kind of. You don't have many girl fr...friends who are girls." She shrugged and drank her wine slowly.

"Why not? I have you, for example." He said, not quite believing himself.

Did I just friendzone Gina?

"What?" She whispered, more to herself than him.

"Just saying. I am pretty full, are you done? Want to order some dessert?" He said and she shook her head slowly.

"Then, shall we leave?" He asked and stood up when she nodded. "Wait outside, I'll pay and come."

Gina frowned as Drago left her alone at the table to pay the bill. He never did that before! He always called for the cheque on the table, left the table with her and walked with her to her car. What was up with him the whole time today? He wasn't ecstatic to see her today, wasn't paying any attention to her, wasn't interested in...oh no, what was happening? What had happened all of a sudden? Why was he like this? He was madly in love with her a few months ago and now this? How! How could he act like this?

"Something has happened." She whispered to herself. "Somethi...or someone?"

--

I do not own the picture. Credit goes to owner.