Chapter 7

EDITED

"Is everything okay Drago?" Julia frowned as she saw Drago smiling to himself.

"Yes, why?" He asked while checking his mails on his cell phone.

"You are smiling to yourself, that's why. You never do that!" She said.

"What? Smile to myself?" He frowned.

"No. Smile." She shrugged and he chuckled.

"What? I never smile? Really?" He asked and put his phone aside.

"You do but very rarely. So it's natural for me to be alarmed if you are smiling by yourself, all of a sudden!" She shrugged again.

"Don't be alarmed. I was just thinking about something, that's it." He said.

"Ok, care to share?" She asked with interest.

"It's nothing interesting." He said and started typing texts on his cell phone once again.

"It can't be, it's making you smile!" She said with a pout.

"It's nothing! I just remembered a joke." He simply shrugged.

"You don't just remember random jokes Drago! Really, I am getting quite concerned now!" She said.

"Okay, I am going now; I have an important meeting today. See you later!" Saying so, he got up and left, still smiling to himself in that unusual manner which worried his mother, but in a good way.

Reaching his office twenty minutes later, Drago called up his secretary.

"Yes Sir?" Tisha, his secretary asked.

"Give me a progress report on the construction of Ms Sonia's orphanage. In an hour." He said, without looking up from a file.

"Sir? But-

"But what?" He asked, still not looking at her.

"Nothing. It's just, she does not work for us or is associated to us in any manner so why-

"Do as I say." He said clearly and Tisha just nodded.

"Yes Sir." And left quickly, scrambling away.

Drago sighed and sat back, suddenly smiling softly to himself as he remembered Sonia and her reactions to him and his jokes earlier this morning, when he had surprised her at the construction site, yet again. Her face had turned quite pink, due to anger, frustration or embarrassment, he couldn't tell but what he could tell that she did not like him a bit and that fact gave him quite a kick. It was not always that a handsome and rich man like himself was actually disliked by a gorgeous woman, to an extent that she had practically pushed him away from the place of her work.

Yes, he agreed that she was gorgeous. He couldn't deny that fact at all. Deep brown eyes, dark luscious hair in a messy bun, lips a lovely rose pink and always dressed simply yet efficiently. She looked smart and intelligent, yet could be ticked off by silly jokes and unexpected appearances, he thought and chuckled to himself.

--

"Arghh!" Sonia whined to herself as she walked around the site.

"What?" Tara enquired, munching on an apple. "Did you say something?"

"No." She retorted. "Nope, not at all."

"Why are you so jumpy?" Tara frowned.

"I am not jumpy, okay?" Sonia exclaimed.

"I have never seen you quite like that." Tara just shrugged.

"It's just that, that Drago-

"What did Mr Barzetti do now?" Tara frowned again, wondering what could Mr Barzetti have possibly done to invite her friend's wrath.