Chapter 45

EDITED

"Drago!" He registered his mother's voice and tried to move, not understanding what was going on.

"Drago, darling, get up!" Julia said worriedly and he groggily opened his eyes.

"Huh?" He mumbled, his throat felt dry and his head ached a bit.

"What are you doing? Sleeping in the middle of the day?" Julia frowned as he sat up. "Here, have some water, you look very pale."

"Thanks." He murmured and took the glass of water, drinking it whole in one go.

"What happened? You came home for lunch and just slept for two hours straight!" Julia said worriedly.

"I...I...have to go." He said as his dream came back to him.

"What?" Julia frowned as her son got up and started to dress up.

"I have to go...to America...to Sonia." He said while he searched for his shoes.

"What? Okay...but all of a sudden...is everything okay?" She asked worriedly and stood up.

"I had a dream...and she was in it...in a wedding gown. She was getting married." He said breathlessly as he wore his shoes.

"Okay?" Julia said, not quite understanding.

"To me." He said and she shook her head.

"What?" She said.

"She was getting married to me Mom! In my dream, we were getting married." He said and stood up. "I just don't like her a lot Mom, I love her, I really, really love her. I want to spend my life with her. That's what I want. That's what my heart wants. Even my subconscious mind has accepted that, how couldn't I!"

"But you did now." Julia smiled in excitement. "Now, just go. Just tell her about your feelings!"

"Yes Mom, thank you!" He said with a smile and hugged his mother tightly.

"And listen, if she...you know...goes ahead with her wedding-

"I won't be upset." He nodded. "I want her to be happy Mom. Even if it is with someone else. But I need to tell her. I need her to know what I feel for her is real. I need to make myself an option."

"Yes. Yes, you do!" Julia nodded and cupped his face. "Now go!"

Drago rushed out of the room as his mother followed him with quick steps. As he drove off, Julia sighed and hoped everything would go well for both of them. Her husband walked behind her and put his arm on her waist.

"I suppose he is not rushing for some meeting?" He said and Julia chuckled.

"Yes, he's going to meet someone." Julia chuckled and Orlando grinned.

--

"Oh my God, this is too much!" Sonia exclaimed at the seven open binders in front of her.

"That's why I told you to hire a wedding planner but no, you have to do it all by yourself!" Her mother shook her head as she and Alexa wrapped small presents with pink lace and white ribbons.

"No, no! I am fine! I just need to take a breath." Sonia said and took a deep breath before opening a writing pad and start noting something from one of the binders.

"The wedding is tomorrow and you are still considering changing the decorations?" Tara walked in with a bunch of shoe boxes in her hands, with two maids behind her holding more boxes.

"I just want everything to be perfect!" Sonia said and flipped through many pages in the binders simultaneously.

"Just stop! The decorations are perfect!" Tara said and closed the binders before grabbing her friend's arm and pulling her to another couch. "Choose a pair of heels, quick!"

"Um, okay." Sonia nodded as they opened the many shoe boxes. "This one." She said, pointing at a pair of three inch heels which had a lacy pattern over them.

"Are you sure? Does it match the dress?" Tara frowned.

"No, no, they don't." Sonia shook her head. "What about them, they are so pretty!" She pointed at another pair, this one a five-inch, soft silver stiletto.

"Final?" Tara asked and Sonia gave a thumbs up.

"Okay, so, shoes are done, dress is done, and-

"Everything is going perfectly!" Sonia said, nodding her head. "Nothing will go wrong tomorrow."

"Of course." Tara nodded and went to sit beside Alexa to help her with the presents and Sonia joined them as well.

Five minutes later, Tara's phone pinged and she looked at the screen with wide eyes.

1 message from Drago Barzetti.

I am on my way; please tell me I have time?

Tara looked around and walked away from the ladies to reply.

If you are here in the next twelve hours, you are golden.

His reply came immediately.

What?

She sighed before typing.

Yes, you have twelve hours.

Where are you?

She stood there for ten seconds before her phone vibrated.

In the plane, I'll be there in ten hours.

She bit her lip as she typed.

The place where we will be tomorrow is a two-hour drive from the airport. You have to be quick.

I am sending you the address.

"What are you doing out here?" Sonia said as she walked in the balcony.

"Just...looking at my messages." Tara shrugged. "Let's go, we have a lot of work to finish!"

"You go; I have a call to attend." Sonia said, showing Tara her phone and her friend nodded before leaving.

Sonia sighed in the cold air and shuddered slightly at a sudden breeze. She stared at the vast expanse of the reddish sky which was turning purple-blue by the minute. Dusk was falling and stars had already started to appear, twinkling slowly. She could even see the slight curve of the silver moon appear at a distance as the sky got darker.

Tomorrow...was a big day and all she could think about was...that man. Why? Why was he so present in her mind? How had he become so important to her that she failed to find any joy around her lately? Her father had advised her to take it slow, to not rush herself and to just take her time to move on but she didn't have time! In a few weeks, she would have to go back and he would be there. She was sure he would come to talk to her at least once more and she did not need that. She didn't even want to see him, not even once, lest the feelings she had buried with so much pain would come back up in seconds and that would not be good now.

--

I do not own the picture. Credit goes to owner.