Chapter 43

EDITED

"The only thing different now are your changed feelings towards each other." Orlando said simply and sat down.

"And also, that she is getting married to someone else." Drago said. "I don't want to ruin anything for her."

"But she likes you, Tara said herself-

"Liked me. And I broke her heart-

"That wasn't your fault; you didn't know she liked you!" Julia exclaimed and Drago sighed.

"Listen to me, there's still six days left for her to leave for America. Go and talk to her, please."

"I won't. Like I said, I don't want to ruin anything for her. And I don't want to talk about all this ever again." He said and stood up.

"So, what about your feelings now? What about your love?" Julia asked slowly.

"I will have to live with them I guess." He sighed and left the room, leaving his parents worried for him.

"Should we do somethi-

"No." Orlando shook his head. "He will do something; he can't give up so soon."

"How do you know that?" Julia asked and her husband chuckled.

"He's our son. Also, he doesn't like competition. And the guy Son...Alessandra's marrying? He's the most important competitor our son may ever face." Orlando shrugged.

"Don't speak as if Son...Alessandra is a prize to be won!" Julia said and stood up.

"I never said that!" Orlando stood up as well as his wife left the room.

"You meant that!" She said loudly as he walked behind her.

"Do not twist my words!" Orlando said as he followed his wife, his pleading voice echoing the halls.

--

Five days. It's been five days since she had last seen Drago and there was no call, no text from him. What was going in his mind? Didn't he say he liked Sonia too? Didn't he say he cried for her too? Then why wasn't he contacting her? They were leaving tomorrow for God's sake!

"Where is it." Tara heard Sonia mumble as she looked for something on her desk.

"What's wrong?" She frowned as Sonia kept searching.

"There was a paper here, folded and...kind of, crumpled. Have you seen it by any chance?" Sonia asked as Tara sat quietly.

Shoot, it's in my bag.

"No...no, not at all. I have not seen it." She mumbled as Sonia looked at her.

"You are lying. I can see it in your eyes." She said and stood straight. "Where is it? Oh my God, what have you done?"

"I did not do anything! I saw it, I admit and I was confused so I asked around...a worker told me Drago was here to see you and I concluded...anyways, I just asked Drago about it." Tara tried to explain as Sonia gaped at her.

"What?" Sonia whispered as Tara quickly walked towards her friend.

"Nothing happened...he just said that Gina did that and...and that, Gina is not his girlfriend." Tara nodded heavily as Sonia tried to speak.

"Wha...what are you talking about?" She asked and Tara gulped. "What kind of conversation did you actually have with him?"

"It's...I said that how dare he investigate you and he said Gina did it so I accused him of throwing his girlfriend under the bus but he said Gina is not his girlfriend. That's it, that's all we talked about." Tara defended herself as quickly as possible.

"Oh my...I need a seat." Sonia mumbled before sitting down slowly.

"I am so sorry...I know I shouldn't have done that but when I saw that information...I just felt so angry and upset and...I can't imagine how worse you must have felt. I am sorry." Tara said, sitting down on her knees.

"It's okay." Sonia nodded with a soft smile. "It's good to see someone care."

"Of course." Tara smiled. "Has he...texted you or called-

"No." Sonia shook her head. "He did leave a message a few days ago but I didn't open it-

"Why not?" Tara exclaimed.

"I don't want to." Sonia shrugged and Tara sighed.

"Do you not...love...like him anymore?" She asked and Sonia chuckled.

"I do. Of course I do. I mean, it'll take time to move on from my feelings." She said and Tara closed her eyes.

"Can you decide...anything before going back-

"I have already decided." Sonia said and stood up. "It's quite late now and I have some packing left. Let's leave?"

"Okay." Tara nodded and stood up.

Gathering their belongings, they stepped out of the office where Sonia locked the doors as Tara went to start the car. In less than half an hour, they were in their apartment, doing their last minute packing.

In the last five days, Tara had wondered if she should tell her friend about her conversation with Drago but refrained herself. She had already done a mistake by telling Drago about Sonia's feelings towards him, which wasn't hers to tell. And now, she couldn't tell Sonia about Drago's feelings towards her. It wouldn't have been fair.

But that was until now. They were leaving tomorrow and Drago or Sonia hadn't contacted each other once. It was high time they talked and discussed whatever there was between them.

As they switched off the lights, Tara took her phone and took a deep breath before typing a message.

We are leaving tomorrow at 2 pm. I am sending you the flight details in case you change your mind.

Thinking for five seconds, she clicked send and nodded as the screen read Message sent to Drago Barzetti.

"You have forty-eight hours more Mr Barzetti. Please be quick or you are going to lose your chance."

--

I do not own the picture. Credit goes to owner.