Chapter 32

EDITED

"Oh it's so good to be back!" Gina said, still hugging Drago as he stood there silently, suddenly not knowing how to react. "Aren't you glad to see me?"

"Huh?" He said slowly as she broke the hug and looked at him. "Uh, that's not it. I am...really happy you...are back." He smiled and nodded.

"So, where are you taking me for dinner? I am really craving some Indian food!" She said, holding his arm.

"Oh, actually." He cleared his throat and slowly removed her hand from his arm. "I have a previous engagement...which I have to attend and-

"Oh come on! Screw that, I am back, can't you see?" She grumbled and held his arm again. "Let's go and eat some spicy curry!"

"Gina." He said and looked at her as she looked back.

Why wasn't he feeling happy that she was back?

"What?" She said and shrugged.

"Nothing." He said and nodded. "Let's go."

--

"Tara? What are you-

"Well, I completed my teaching course early so I am back!" Tara grinned and walked inside the office. "Back to be at your service!"

"That's...that's great!" Sonia said. "Why didn't you tell me you were coming?"

"There's a thing called surprise, which I wanted to, you. Did you like it?" Tara asked with raised eyebrows and Sonia nodded with a smile.

"Okay, I am very hungry, so let's go out tonight. You are done for today, right?" Tara said as she rubbed her stomach.

"Yeah, I am done." Sonia said and looked at the time. It was already eight-fifteen and she doubted Drago was coming. "Let me grab my stuff."

Tara nodded and waited as Sonia put some files away, took her phone, bag and keys before they walked out and she locked the office door.

"What do you want to eat? I know two great Italian places!" Sonia said as they reached her parked car.

"Not Italian, I had some pasta at the airport. Wait, I saw this ad of an Indian restaurant on the way here. Let me see if it's close!" Tara said and took out her phone to search for the restaurant. "It says it's twenty-five minutes away. Are you too tired to drive?"

"No, let's go." Sonia shook her head and they sat. She wondered if she should message Drago but thought against it. If he was really coming then he would have messaged, right? And it was possible that he was never going to come, they were just joking around, obviously! And so wha-

"Why aren't we going?" Tara interrupted her thoughts and Sonia looked at her.

"Sorry, I was thinking something." She mumbled and started the car. "Tell me the directions correctly, I don't want to get lost!"

--

"This place is so amazing!" Gina exclaimed as they walked in the restaurant, her hand tucked in his arm.

"It's looks good." Drago nodded but his mind was somewhere else.

They were seated soon and Gina stood up.

"I will just go to the washroom really quick, can you please order some drinks for me?" She said and left without waiting for his answer.

Drago sighed and looked around. The restaurant was quite beautiful. It was pretty huge and was bustling with customers, Indian and Italian and even some tourists. It had a warm tone to it, much like the one where he and Sonia had gone together on their first dinner.