Carnivore (Starset pt 2)

(Quick A/N: any words underlined in italics are spoken in Italian. I'm not in the mood to risk Google translate, too unreliable)

It was late and everyone else was asleep, but Nico just couldn't seem to let go of consciousness.

The anniversary concert for their first ever performance had been a huge success and Nico couldn't have been more proud of all the work the band had accomplished over the past year.

Everything was running smoothly, not just with the band, but with his angel of a boyfriend, Will Solace.

He and Will's six month anniversary was coming up soon, and he wanted to make it special.

Nico could truly say he was blessed, having the blonde stay by his side for so long.

Will never complained, not once, with the band's hectic schedule nor how he had to take online college courses instead of the on campus ones he'd wanted.

Nico really didn't want to let him go. But he had to. At least for a little while.

It would ruin the gift, after all, if Will stayed.

Along with their anniversary, Christmas was coming up in about two weeks.

And Nico's present to Will was a plane ticket to Houston, Texas.

Will hadn't been able to see his family in ages, and it was clear he desperately wanted to.

So Nico was going to send him to see them just in time for Christmas.

As much as he wanted to be selfish and take Will back to their apartment and spend their first Christmas together, Nico knew he was doing the right thing. Although, it kinda sucked for him.

But, regardless, he cherished the boy in his arms, and was determined to spend every last second he had memorizing every freckle, tracing every trail from collarbone to the tips of Will's finger, and treasuring the warmth radiating from the boy's golden skin.

He could only hope that when Will got on the plane in a few days, it wouldn't be too long until he got on the one headed back to Los Angeles.

☆☆☆☆

"Nico, where on earth are we going? Our apartment is the other way," Will said, head tilted to the side like a confused puppy.

Nico smiled.  "Love, don't you trust me? You're going home, I promise."

Will's eyebrows scrunched up. "But it doesn't make any sense!"

He pouts and Nico can't help but lean over and press a kiss on his boyfriend's adorable, pale pink lips.

"Don't think this gets you out of an explanation, " Will murmured, before melting against the ravenette's soft mouth. He was suddenly very glad of the tinted glass that separated them from the driver.

Nico chuckled. "Nothing gets past you, does it?" He teased.

"Nuh uh," Will murmured, suddenly hating the existence of seatbelts as they kept him from snuggling comfortably in his boyfriend's arms.

They shared a few more small kisses before Will attempted to push Nico away. "Stop distracting me, I need to figure out what you're up to."

It was to no avail, as Nico pressed his lips against Will's cheeks, eyelids, nose, and forehead, cherishing each feature and making sure none were neglected.

Will huffed and resigned to ask later.

Nico couldn't keep the grin off his face as Will continued being the cutest, most adorable boy he'd ever seen.