| cнapтeг 23 ❤

| Jυѕтι¢є. ❥

Ciara

We prayed before we started eating. We were all sitting in the huge dinner room eating a family dinner. We were talking about random things. Trying to get out minds off of what had happened today. But, we all know the memory is not gonna go away that easy.

I added some more salad into my plate. I don't even feel like eating right now.

"Can you put some more rice in my plate, please?" Brittany asked me.

I nodded and took her plate, putting rice in it before giving it back to her. I sat there looking at my plate. That until I felt someone kick me under the table. I look up and Brianna waved her hand at me, trying to get my attention.

"Check your phone," She mouthed, making a cellphone gesture with her hand.

I took my phone out and I had a text from her.

"Do you think it's the right time you reveal my secret?" -Bri

"I don't know; you tell me" -Ciara

I looked at her and shrugged. She rolled her eyes and sighed before started typing again.

"Well, thanks! -__-" -Bri

"If you think you ready, go ahead.  Its only right if you're mom and everyone else knows" -Ciara

I watched as her and Ellie have a small talk. "I have something to say" She said. We all looked at her.

My heart raced. To be honest, I was scared for her. What if they don't accept the real her into the family?

"U-Um..." She stuttered. "This is Ellie," She pointed at her. "Not Jordan, and she's my girlfriend"

I chuckled slightly at the fact that she told them Ellie's name was Jordan. Her mom had a confused look on her face. "What?"

"Mom, I-I'm g-gay," She stammered before looking down at Ellie. "She's my girlfriend"

Her mom stood up, shockingly. "And when were you planning on telling me, young lady?"

"Mom, I'm 24"  She said. "I should be able to make my own decisions"

"Being gay is not-"

"Before you say anything," I interrupted her, before she say anything that would hurt Brianna, Ellie and their relationship. "There is nothing wrong with being a lesbian, if she's happy with Ellie, just accept it. It's her love life"

They turned and look at me. My aunt rolled her eyes at me, rudely. "Well, I don't accept it"

She left the table. Brianna's eyes welled up with tears as she ran off and Ellie followed her. It got quiet as I look around. We all left the table few moments later.

I stopped walking and stopped in front of Sean's room. The door was open and he was just laying down on his stomach. I leaned against the door frame. "Where were you?"

"Leave me alone." He groaned.

"How old are you? 5?" I chuckled before walking in the room, closing the door behind me. I sat on his bed, leaning my back against the headboard. "Now, talk to me"

He sat up. "I was walking around, smoking" He shrugged.

I haven't smoked in so long; I miss it. "You wanted to get away?" He nodded. I look down at my nails. "People don't live for forever, Sean. We die one day"