002

"sojiro sakura" the name was a mantra to you. repeating and repeating it over and over as you walked through the back alleyways of yongen-jaya. 

you were a second year when your guardian became your uncle. before him, you had been with your grandmother who lived in the country side and then with a friend who eventually kicked you out. as far as you were concerned, you barely knew he existed up until the point the court had told you there was another blood relative. 

walking up and down the alleyway gave you mixed feelings. anxiety and fear were a few factors. to you, the area seemed slightly shady. then again, everything in the world is. you eventually stopped being stubborn, thinking you would be able to find your way from the train station to his house. 

"try going to leblanc. he's usually there working" said an old man with a polite smile on his face. 

walking towards the small cafe you could already smell the enticing smell of coffee. when you opened up the door you were surprised. the cafe had a homey feel to it. there weren't a lot of people in the cafe. heck, you could even count out how many people there were on one hand. 

a boy sat in one of the booths studying, with what looked like to be a cat in his bag. interesting. the cat was cute with it's yellow collar showing up brightly on it's black coat. 

you walked up to the man behind the counter. 

"excuse me, do you know where sojiro sakura is?" 

"that's me" he said, "i was wondering when you would show up" 

"did i take too long? i got lost on the way here, and someone said to stop by here" you said. 

"it's alright. (y/n) is it? i'll be your new guardian." 

"yes. do you know where i can put my belongings?" 

"i have no other rooms in my house besides the one for my daughter. you'll be staying here in the cafe, if that'll be alright with you" 

"it's fine. no worries" 

out of the corner of your eye, you see the boy look up. he looked surprised almost. 

"oh and that's akira kurusu. consider him as a temporary roommate" 

you didn't get a look at the boy when you first walked in. 

boy. you would be sharing a room with a boy?  

"what about futaba?" you asked. 

"look kid, you were a last minute thing and this was the only thing i had. get over it" 

ouch, that hurt. just a little. you played it off and your uncle made the boy show you to the area above the cafe. the attic. 

it gave off a strangely nice vibe. it wasn't weird in a bad way. should it be in a bad way? 

"you can sleep on the bed if you want" the boy said while petting the cat. the cat purred and you smiled. it was a cute cat. 

"what's his name?" you asked while walking over to the cat. 

 "morgana" 

"that's an interesting name. did you think of it?" 

"yeah i did, it just kinda came natural to me" 

"i see. you have a talent when it comes to naming things" 

"thank you, i try" 

— later that night.

"i insist on sleeping on the couch" you said. 

"i already moved my things onto the couch, you're sleeping in the bed" 

"i'm gonna be here for quite a while" 

"i don't mind sleeping on the couch, you are a guest" 

he did have a point, you were intruding in his personal space. 

"i am a guest and i know how to behave" you said, "i truly do not mind sleeping on the couch, i'm invading your personal space" 

"if you say so" akira said as he moved his blanket and pillow from the couch and onto the bed. you took your place on the couch and made yourself comfortable. 

"so why are you here?" you asked. 

"its a long story" 

"do you mind telling it? or is it too personal?" 

"i don't mind telling it" he said as he sat up in his bed, facing you. 

he explained to you how he was walking home one day and heard a woman yelling. he came to the area the yelling was coming from and saw a man trying to take advantage of a woman. he tried to swoop in and take the woman away and ended up punching the man in the protecting the woman. the man pressed charges and that ended up sending akira here. 

"thats fucked up" 

"i know" 

"how long until you get to go back?" 

"a few more months or so" 

"i see, i guess i'll be your new roommate for the remainder of your time here"

he smiled, "i don't mind"