014

your face immediately heated up at his words. did he really just say that? you averted your gaze from him and he chuckled softly. his hands were off of your face and he sat up on the bed, looking down at you. 

"still don't wanna go out with me?" he asked. 

you looked up at him and sighed, getting out of the bed, "where do you plan to take me?" 

he looked up in thought for a moment, "how about an amusement park?"

and that was how your wishes of leaving the house were granted. wearing a pair of comfortable jeans and a jacket standing next to akira, who had managed to sneak morgana in with his bag. you wondered how he managed to by pass the security, but your thoughts quickly shifted towards the roller coasters and stands of food. 

the day consisted of you dragging him by the hand to various rides and vendors, enjoying yourselves. finals were in a few weeks and this was practically the only time you were able to relax before diving into your studies. 

when evening came around, akira was this time dragging you around, taking you to an area of the park where the both of you hadn't been yet: the games. 

you knew that all of the games were rigged anyway so you never bothered to head over to that section, but seeing that unnecessarily large teddy bear just spoke to you. he noticed your staring and smiled. 

"do you like that bear?" he asked. you nodded your head and he smiled. he took you in the direction of the game, it was one of those games where you shoot water into a hole for a duration of time. 

he pulled out his wallet to pay for a game when you stopped him, "you don't need to do that" you told him quickly. 

"but i want to do that" he smiled. 

he handed the money to the host and sat down, and actually ended up winning the game. 

"which prize would you like?" the host asked akira, who turned to you. you shyly pointed at the large teddy bear, which captivated you. 

the host handed you the bear and you hugged it close to you. the bear had a little tag on it. you looked at the tag closely and read it out loud for akira to hear, "come visit me on the midnight channel!"

"that seems.. perverted" he said. you rolled your eyes at him and laughed. of course he would think it sounded perverted. 

you had heard rumors of the midnight channel before. it was when you and ken were hiding out in an abandoned building during the dark hour, and in an attempt to scare you he had told you of the strange events of the midnight channel. he succeeded in scaring you that night, which led to yukari lecturing ken on not scaring you like that again. the memory left you feeling bubbly on the inside. you made a mental note to call ken later that night, to check up on him. 

akira, once again, took your hands into his and led you back into the section where all of the rides were. this time, he took you to the biggest attraction: the ferris wheel. 

as the both of you waited in the relatively short line, he kept on checking his watch, as if he was waiting for something to happen. when you had asked him about it, he had shrugged it off and said that it was nothing. 

when you both had reached the front of the line, he escorted you into the ferris wheel cart and sat right beside you. 

"so.. how was your day?" you asked in an attempt to break the silence. 

he laughed softly before answering with, "my day was fine. how was yours?" 

"it was just fine too," you joked with them. 

when the ferris wheel began lifting the both of you into the air, a bright light flashed out of the corner of your eye. it was quick, a blue and white flash that followed an unexpected boom right after it. 

fireworks. something you hadn't seen in a long time. your eyes lit up and you leaned closer to the window, marveling at the sight of what looked like a million stars whizzing up and exploding. 

akira simply smiled at your demeanor, and leaned closer to you, resting his chin on your shoulder to watch the sight too. he held back the urge to hold you in his arms, simply opting to swing his arm onto your other shoulder. 

"enjoying it?" he asked you. you nodded, never looking away from the fireworks, "i'm glad" he simply said. 

"was this why you kept checking your watch?" you asked and turned back at him slightly, noticing how close his face was to yours. a film of heat began to grow on your cheeks and he smiled back at you. 

"who knows? maybe" 

----

after getting off the train, the both of you walked the way back to leblanc in silence. the moon and the street lights of yongen jaya brought ample lighting. you held the bear in your arms tightly and tried your best to ignore your slightly sore feet. 

akira unlocked the door to the cafe and the both of you walked up into the attic and settled down, you taking your place on the couch and sighing. 

"i think my feet were close to giving out today" you chuckled. 

akira didn't say anything, but simply sat next to you on the couch, putting his head on your shoulder, "i'm glad we went out today" he sighed. 

you agreed silently, taking out your phone to scroll through your twitter and other social medias, "can you send me the photos we took today?" you asked him. when he didn't reply you turned slightly only to see him knocked out on your shoulder. you giggled slightly to yourself. 

morgana, walking freely around the room, chuckled, "love birds," before curling up on the bed and sleeping soundly. 

your reoccurring ptsd from the dark hours kept you up and left you with almost incurable insomnia, scrolling through your phone you realized that there was an app that you didn't recognize. 

it had an eye with a star as its pupil. the app had no name attached to it. you went to delete the app, not thinking too much of it. 

until it began to reappear on your home screen. you were tentative of opening the app, thinking that you would get a virus from it. you opted to leaving it until the next morning and asking akira when he woke up. 

you leaned back with akira and made an attempt to sleep, thankful for another night without the dark hour. 

long time no update? how has everyone been? 

i have no excuses besides writers block and procrastination,, so there's that. but thankfully by the time you all get this, i will have written out a few chapters to avoid leaving you guys in the dark... 

i love you all and i'm very thankful for those who have read up to this far and especially thankful to those who were waiting for this new chapter 

- rosé <33