018

the teacher continued to lecture on japanese history as you fidgeted in your seat nervously. it had been 2 days since you lasted talked to ken, asking him if you could move back home, and you hadn't spoken to him since. he told you reassuringly in the morning that he'd already asked junpei and that he was already looking into trying to get you to come back home. 

you continued to bounce your leg in your seat, more aggressive now than ever, which caused the girl sitting behind you to politely ask you to stop moving in your seat. you apologized quietly to her and faced to the front of the class. 

your eyes glanced at the clock. 9:50 am. there was no way you'd be able to stay at school for any longer. your seat wasn't anywhere near the window to look out of, so you had to resort to your phone. you'd become proficient at sneaking in some phone time during class without anyone catching you. 

the class periods began to melt together and you somehow lost track of time the next time you looked at the clock. 9:50 am had turned into after school before you knew it and you were ready to get the hell out of school. 

out of impulse, you kept on checking your messages and constantly refreshed them to see if ken or junpei had ever texted you back. and it was the same thing every hour, nothing. you were tempted to text ken again, but you didn't want to bother them too much. 

akira approached you when class ended. you tried your best to avoid interacting with him and any of his friends. even morgana. 

you knew what you heard that night and akira constantly trying to appease you was proof of his guilty conscience. maybe he was doing it because the student council president told him to? maybe futaba kept egging him on to try and make a better friendship with you. 

you were like an open book. even if you were hiding something, futaba would've exposed it the moment her pesky fingers began typing on her keyboard. 

you shoved your untouched notebooks back into your bag, facing your back towards akira in the hopes that he would take the hint and leave you alone. 

however, he did the complete opposite of that. you felt a tap on your shoulder and you turned to glare at the person. it was akira, his face looked sad and his aura seemed off. you felt guilty and you tried not to care as much as you did. 

"can i talk to you about something?" he asked you, pushing up his glasses out of nervous habit. 

you turned away from him, pretending to be unamused, "what do you want?" you said coldly back. 

"it's kind of important," he fidgeted, "can we talk in private?" 

you closed your bag and turned back to him, "can you make it quick then?" 

you both knew that you had no where to go besides back to the attic after school. you felt horrible for acting this way to him. it wasn't like you to be this cold to anyone. you weren't even sure if you were mad anymore. 

he nodded at you and led you up to the rooftops of the school building. the door closed behind the both of you with a thundering boom. why was he cornering you all of a sudden? did he round up all of his friends to ambush you? 

you waited for him to speak up, after all he did invite you up to talk. students weren't able to go up onto the rooftops and the place was unkept, meaning that no one else ever went onto the rooftops either. 

but this also could mean that no one knew that you were on the rooftops. he could do anything to you and no one else would see. ever since the incident with akira and his friends, you grew more paranoid around him. 

you even began to carry around your evoker, something that you rarely did after the dark hours. not that it would even work anyway, it just looked like a small gun.