020

"guardian?" akira questioned the boy across from him. how was it that this scrawny boy was [y/n]'s guardian? it made no sense. 

the boy straightened up his posture, now looking more intimidating than before, "you heard me." he spat towards akira. 

"play nice minato," elizabeth said from across the room, she made eye contact with akira, "sorry, he wasn't this mean when he was still alive." 

alive? what did that mean. did this mean that akira was also dead too? he'd never grasped the idea of the velvet room. 

"don't worry, you're not dead," theodore smiled at him. 

"minato's just mad that he can't do anything to you unless you're in the cognitive world," elizabeth shrugged. theodore winced at his sister's words. 

minato turned to look at elizabeth before looking back at akira, "why do you keep pressuring [y/n]?" 

"and why do you keep protecting her?" caroline spoke up, "she has a palace and we all know that." 

"everyone has a palace, i don't understand why you fools have to attack her of all people." 

"is your big brother complex kicking in?" justine said. 

his eyes continued to darken at the twins, "she's family. my family. and i don't want anything happening to her." 

"it's gonna happen anyway, its fate. this is what you get for entrusting her with your wild card," caroline said. 

"you really think i was gonna give it to someone new? that narukami guy didnt even look capable." 

"you didn't either," justine said in her monotone voice. 

"igor had to make a new wild card for akira here," caroline hit her baton onto the metal bars, "besides, [y/n] doesn't even have a reason to use the wild card. she hasn't been back to tartarus since s.e.e.s disbanded." 

"still better to leave it to someone i know and respect than someone i've never met before." 

"calm down now," igor said, effectively silencing the room, "now, akira, minato here is a previous wielder of the wild card and he is the spirit that protects life and humanity as the Great Seal." 

"what's tartarus?" akira into the crowd of people. 

the twins looked at each other before looking at minato and smirked. they were up to no good, per usual. 

"don't you dare-" minato was interrupted by elizabeth. 

"if you don't let the phantom thieves do this, [y/n] won't be able to find inner peace." 

"we all lost that inner peace when our parents died," minato interjected, "if there is a way to save [y/n], it's to let her be with the people who actually love and respect her." 

"we all know that's not possible," theodore said quietly, "don't you want her to be happy?" 

"yes of course i do," minato was in a conundrum now, "but he doesn't need to know about tartarus. give her time. she'll pick herself back up." 

"and what makes you think she'll do that?" caroline said, crossing her arms at the boy, "she's too weak to hold the wild card." 

"she's not weak, she's [y/n]. she deserves the wild card more than he does." he motioned towards akira and akira felt more intimidated than before. 

"you're being arrogant," justine was getting angry now, "she hasn't even shown us her person-"

"and you are ignorant for thinking that has never used her persona," minato snapped back, theodore stood there in silence, unable to defend his sisters from the Great  Seal, "you weren't even alive when tartarus was active."