017

you'd awoken to the sound of footsteps entering the cafe. did you sleep until the next morning? you checked your phone to reveal that it was 2 in the morning. something was not right.

you looked over to akira's bed and realized that no one was sleeping in it. in fact, it was untouched; like he hadn't been in bed all day. morgana was also nowhere to be found.

you saw light ruminating from downstairs and the sound of voices. they were all quieted at first, eventually growing in volume.

"[y/n] has a palace." the familiar voice belonged to akira.

you sat leaned over the couch to listen closer. you were intrigued; you had a palace? you didn't recall being rich enough to own a palace. you stealthily crept out of bed and over to the edge of the stairwell to eavesdrop.

they were bickering amongst themselves quietly, but in a cafe as small as leblanc and with the attic being so close, you were able to hear every word.

you came to realized that the only few people who seemed to try and respect your privacy were the blond girl, ann if you remembered correctly, and the blue haired boy, yusuke.

you were relieved to know that your gut feeling was right about the rest of them, even your cousin futaba. as soon as you heard the familiar typing noises of the laptop, you were able to piece the two together. they were trying to learn more about you.

you began to feel apprehensive towards akira and his friends. cringing at the way they mentioned ken's name and s.e.e.s.

it was like they were some sort of detectives and they were investigating you and your family of doing some sort of crime. you couldn't wait to gossip to ken about it later that night. 

and when they said "tatsumi port island" the whole room began to pulse as if it was activating something.

"ok so now we have name and location, all we need now is how she sees herself and what form the palace takes." you could hear morgana say.

you felt offended in a way, for them to treat you like a criminal and them talking about you in such a crass way.

you leaned in to try and get a closer listen, but shifting your weight led to the floorboards creaking which halted their discussion.

you cursed at yourself for your clumsiness and very quickly tried to get back into your original position on the couch. it was at this time you finally realized why s.e.e.s. always grouped you and ken together during missions. you heard a set of footsteps come up the stairs and stopped at the area you were crouched at beforehand.

your heart was pounding in your chest and you were sure that whoever came up to investigate could hear you too.

the footsteps went down the stairs, "false alarm, she's still asleep," you could hear akira say.

this was nuts! you had just moved in and yet the whole world was against you. your heart hurt. it couldn't take the pain anymore.

you pulled out your phone to text ken and junpei and ask if you could move back. you were finished with yongen-jaya. you wanted to move in again with ken and be closer to your real family.

the stupid app was still in your phone. you forgot to ask akira about the weird software, but at this point you didn't even want to see him again.

message to group: all hail supreme leader koromaru [3:04 am]

[y/n]
ken
are you up?
i need to ask you something

[ken]
what's up?
is everything okay?

[y/n]
no
i wanna go back
i hate it here

[ken]
what happened?

[y/n]
i just can't take this anymore
is junpei still up?

[ken]
he's up studying for some exams

[y/n]
i wanna move back home

[ken]
me too
but you can't go back
legally your uncle is your guardian
right?

[y/n]
he doesn't even live w me
he put me in an attic
with a teenage boy.
who the fuck does that?
i wanna move in w you both
i miss you and everyone

[ken]
i'll mention it to junpei in the morning
don't worry
i think we can get you back

[y/n]
oh god
thank you
so much
you're the best
love you ken :(

[ken]
love you too :(
everything's not the same
i wish we didn't disband

[y/n]
i miss the dark hours

[ken]
me too
i need to get some sleep
i got exams myself in the morning
goodnight [y/n], we'll get you out of this

[y/n]
thank you so much
goodnight ken

you took a sigh of relief, you were gonna move back and you were going to get away from this madness. you were lucky to have grown up with ken. he was like the brother you never had. 

you deleted the strange app and put your phone down, deciding that it was probably time to get some more sleep. 

there was nothing more that the group downstairs could do. you didn't even know how you viewed yourself in or what form your palace took. whatever they were talking about, you knew that you would have no part of it. 

[a/n]: soft!interactions between [y/n] and ken :( i miss ken way too much LOL