Part 25

• Dedicated to Royal Australian Air Force

Dear Diary, 

Today was just amazing! We got to visit an RAF base in Brisbane. William and Kate would be doing the second engagement, attending an engagement for Queensland's young people. I would be going back to the hotel, as I was allowed to cancel some engagements, to hear news on Anna. 

The visit to the Air Force base was amazing! I opted for another dress. I picked out a replica of Jackie Kennedy's dress. It was a replica of the one she wore when visiting the Parthenon in Athens in 1961.  I also wore some beige, L.K Bennett sledges and I got Shannon to put my hair up today.She chose a nice low-slung side swept up-do. It was really warm so it did justice. 

Anyway, we left the hotel early and we arrived at the airport. The flight would last about an hour and a half. To drive to Amberley, it would take over 10 hours. We sat in the plane and waited for take-off. We then took off from Sydney airport to go to Brisbane. 

We landed after the flight in Brisbane and we then drove to Amberley, the RAAF (Royal Australian Air Force) base. Eventually we got to visit a fighter jet. William climbed in and he shouted down to us, "Are you sure one of you doesn't want to come in the back seat?". Kate whispered to me: "I'll go in the back seat, you go in the cockpit". 

Kate climbed into the back seat, and I slid myself into the cockpit. The news of it, is currently all over the Internet but back to the present. Eventually, a man with the name of Stephen Chappell, Commanding Officer of Number 1 Spuadron, came aboard to assist me. 

I was fascinated by everything. The dials, gadgets and was really tempted to press some buttons. Eventually, after about 15 minutes, we got out and headed to a private meeting. We met with 4 families who had lost servicemen relatives in recent war. The meeting lasted 10 minutes but it was emotional. 

Eventually we separated. William and Kate for the Queensland young people, me back to the hotel. During the ride, I had to lie flat in the back seat. Well, the bodyguards sat on the back seat and I lay on their feet on the floor. I saw camera flashes and it was the paparazzi. We drove into the hotel and switched cars. 

The bodyguards got out and stayed behind as we knew it would look suspicious if they spotted the same bodyguards switching cars. I lay on the floor again and we got back to the Four Seasons perfectly. 

I got into some leggings and a T-shirt and I got out a book. Maria has bought me a book written in French, and I've read it about 3 times now! It's called La Princesse de Clèves. It's about Mademoiselle de Charteres, She is an heiress and is sixteen years old. And her mother has brought her to the royal court of Henri II, to find a husband who has good financial and social prospects. 

It is mainly romance and history, my two favourite themes in a book, after both non and just plain fiction. I read three chapters in the book before I got hungry. The private butler we have been given to attend to us, for our time in the hotel, brought me some hot chocolate and cookies and that would last me until dinner. 

At around 4pm, William and Kate got back and we then sat down to another quiet dinner. Then William and Kate and I got into bed at around 9pm tomorrow. It took me a while to get to sleep. We would be going to the zoo tomorrow and I couldn't wait!