Part 28

• Dedicated to Ayers Rock

Dear Diary, 

Ayers Rock is just amazing. Change of plans, we were flown off to Canberra last night and we left Sydney behind. I love it. The travelling was actually alright. But anyway, we have settled into our residence in the capital and we set off to Uluru this morning after a long night. 

However the paparazzi were there to see us arrive. We decided to coordinate. Kate wearing a Stella McCartney dress which was blue, me in the L.K Bennett blue dress she wore, which I was allowed to borrow, George in navy and William in a smart blue tie. 

This morning I got dressed into my Tancy Fitted dress from L.K Bennett and my beige shoes. We flew to the Rock from Canberra Airport. We were met by Sally Thomas, administrator of the Northern Territory, Adam Giles, Chief Minister of the Northern Territory, and two members of the indigenous Anangu people, Vincent Nipper and Daisy Walkabout at Yulara Airport, the airport we landed at. 

The flight took 5 hours and 40 minutes. And what's more, Gabriella Munro Douglas, the UK's Kate lookalike and the William lookalike Simon are in Australia too, so I sat and watched their interviews and everything in our private jet we flew to New Zealand in too. 

In our visit, we would be visiting: The National Indigenous Training Academy and the Uluru-Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre. Then I'd be flying back to Canberra and William and Kate are going to spend a night to themselves in Uluru. 

We had some afternoon tea before we got to walk around the rock. It was glorious. The three of us, walked around holding hands. Kate and I holding William's hands. It was wonderful. 

After a wonderful day, there was hundreds of emotional photos of Kate and I crying as we parted. I watched the video footage taken of me boarding the plane and waving goodbye. 

When I got back, I met Maria and George. I got into my pyjamas and eventually the telephone went. It was Kate. She was wanting to speak to me. I sat in my room, I ordered in some tea and I got comfy on my bed. The conversation went like this:

Kate: Hello Dayna

Dayna: Hello Kate! How are you?

Kate: Oh I'm fine. Well I feel a bit lonely cause you and George aren't with us. How is George? I miss him.

Dayna: He's fine. He misses you and William too. I checked the internet on the flight back and saw the ranch you're staying at. It looks great. 

Kate: Oh the ranch is amazing really. The view of the stars is wonderful. 

(I then got up and went over to my window and looked out at the stars too. They were so clear and bright, like glitter on black fabric). 

Dayna: It sounds wonderful. From my bedroom, I've got a good view too. I can only imagine what it will be like at Ayers Rock. 

Kate: Well William and I miss you

Dayna: And I miss you too. So does George. And Maria, and everybody really. 

Kate: Oh that's good to hear

Dayna: Well I suppose I better let you and William go and have a nice night. 

Kate: We'll see you tomorrow

Dayna: Bye, bye

Kate: Bye. Night-night. Say goodnight to George for me. 

Dayna: I will Kate (laughs)

We then hung up and I finished my tea. I then said goodnight to George and I was allowed to hold him for 5 minutes. "Well George, mummy and daddy are out in Uluru. They miss you. Mummy says goodnight". I gave him a kiss, and I held him in my arms until he eventually fell asleep. Maria then put him in cot and I then got into bed, across the hall. 

Today was just wonderful.