Part 60

• Dedicated to The America Cup

Dear Diary, 

Today Kate and I went to the National Maritime Museum. We arrived at 10:05am and we chatted for a bit with museum staff. And it was my lucky day, Sir Ben Ainslie was there! I was honoured to meet him. For the America Cup, Sir Ben Ainslie is the head of Britain's bid for the Cup. 

For our arrival, crowds turned up to catch a glimpse of us but mainly Kate as she's the royal like they usually do. We had a private breakfast in the museum with Sir Ainslie and the other members of the crew for the cup and we were later shown the America Cup. 

The Cup was a glorious thing. It sparkled in the morning sun and what's more Kate and I couldn't wear sunglasses so we had to shield our eyes with our hands. The Cup is pretty big too. So big it has it's own seat on the plane, during the flight over from the U.S

But it's not like we're not used to being around different Cups. We raced with the New Zealand Cup team on the Oceania Tour in which Kate and my team won. 

And George is in for a treat! Sir Ben Ainslie offered to take George sailing when he's older! He'll look forward to that. I enjoy sailing and Sir Ben said I could come along too. At 11:30, we departed the museum and headed back to Kensington. As soon as we got in the car and it drove off, Kate and I threw on the sunglasses. 

Kate and I sat with the windows down, talking and giggling all of the ride back with Kate wearing her Givenchy sunglasses and me wearing my sunglasses from Tiffanys. The car ride back was really warm. 

In London just now it is 23 degrees heat. I remembered last summer before I even came to stay with the royals and it was scorching. One big event that happened last summer was Andy Murray winning Wimbledon. Well I am to accompany Kate and William to Wimbledon this year to watch Murray play! 

I am so excited! 

This afternoon though, Kate and I went to the Diana Memorial Fountain and we spent some time in the water. We cooled down and we got back to the palace. We went to bed early and we're all so tired because of the heat. 

Goodnight