Lie #6: Homeschoolers are Smarter than Albert Einstein

Do me a favor… if you’re homeschooled, comment #homeschooled or something like that. You’ll see why later ;)

Dedicated to @SapphireSophia, a fellow homeschooler.

Lie #6: Homeschoolers are Smarter than Albert Einstein

We all know who Albert Einstein is. That freakishly smart old guy who lived 80 or so years ago. I searched him up on google… literally all the pictures of him are black and white. He’s a pretty fine looking fellow if I do say so myself. Anyways, so you think homeschoolers are braniacs? Let’s see about that…..

First, I’ll start off with a story. Albeit, it’s pretty boring, but that’s okay because it’s also really short.

So, I was in my second in-car – for you young people who don’t know what that is, I will clarify for you. I have my driver’s permit, and since I’m under 18, I have to drive around somebody who teaches me how to drive, and makes sure I’m not going to die on the road. It’s like training for when I get my license.

Anyways, as I was saying before I got interrupted by you public schoolers (because us homeschoolers are way too smart to not know what an in-car is), I was driving around this lady, and I had just finished practicing for my maneuverability test - which I must say, I did really well…. No cones were knocked over in the process - when she said I had to go pick up some kid because his in-car was right after mine.

Gnjaflgfjasklgdkfgjkasfhdjkashfjil

I profusely apologize for that^, just skipping through some unnecessary events that occurred.

Ok, so I’m in the back seat of the car, because my in-car was over, and now that one kid I was talking earlier was driving me home. (I had also the drove the kid who had an in-car before me home.) Now, it was the kid’s first in-car, and the instructor lady had asked him what school he went to. By the way, I found out his name… Jacob. So yeah, he said he goes to Elyria Catholic. And I’m not even joking, that school is right up my street. And I told him that. But this kid lives in Lorain… Elyria Catholic is in, you guessed it. Elyria. Not really important.

So he was all like really? Okay, cool. It was just like a whatever thing. So he started driving me home, and he knew around where I lived because it’s by his school. Then he starts talking to me, and of course he asked me what school I go to. I said I was homeschooled…. Blah blah blah.

Then after a while he asked me why I don’t go to Elyria Catholic. I said, I don’t really know, I’ve been homeschooled since second grade, and that’s just how it is. I don’t really have a choice.

And then my instructor said something like, homeschoolers are really really smart and all the jazz.

Okay, end of story. Wasn’t it just great? I can totally understand why you guys are reading this book, because that^ was just perf.

Now continuing on with the actual point of this oh so amazing chapter.

My driving instructor thought homeschoolers are some highly educated people. And I’m sure other people think the same thing… that we’re all smarter than Albert Einstein… well at least almost.

But the truth is, not all of us are like that. Sure, some of us may be. For instance, my 21 yr old uncle is one of the 10 people in the US chosen for some amazing internship in Switzerland for physics. He’s headed there this summer, to an amazing mathy geeky place. And I’m not joking… hundreds, probably thousands of students signed up for it, and only 10 people actually get the amazing opportunity to go. He is seriously such a genius.

But now that I think about it…. He wasn’t homeschooled… he went to Elyria high, a public high school with nearly two thousand people. And it’s not a good high school… trust me. Some very disturbing teens go there.

So, my uncle wasn’t even homeschooled, and he made it into some fabulous internship?? That is correct. And maybe at least one of the 9 people going with him was homeschooled… most likely. But the point is, just as there are awkward homeschoolers and awkward public schoolers, there are also super smart homeschoolers AND super smart public schoolers.

But, I’m going to be honest here, most homeschoolers are really smart (take me for instance ;) Mainly because we don’t have to deal with quite as much stress and drama as public schoolers, so we can concentrate on our studies. (Or just read on Wattpad 24/7)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please vote for me if you did. I’m really happy about this one, it’s so much longer than all of the previous ones. And I already know what I’m doing for my next two chapters! Shocker right? I didn’t think of what I was doing for this one until just last night and then I come up with two more ideas.

Next Update: April 26tH! (one week, I know!)

<3 Ashlyn

PS. Don’t forget to let me know if you’re homeschooled!