I Miss You, Asshole. - What Would You Do For Ben & Jerry's?

More than anything, I wanted to leave my house...and buy Ben & Jerry's. I woke up Saturday morning in an ice-creamy mood. My mouth was parched from all the kissing, and my whole body felt swollen.

Was I sick?

Whatever, I wasn't in the mood to deal with illness. I wanted ice-cream. Now.

I rolled out of bed and crawled over to my closet. I only had on my cow underwear and a Paramore shirt. I grab my old cross country gray sweats from the bottom of my closet and pull them over my limp legs.

I was so giddy for ice-cream, I neglected to grab my shoes, socks, or my already neglected cell phone. I mean, what was the point of it? I don't have any numbers to put in it.

My door creaked open with my big toe. I winced at how loud it sounded.

The last thing I needed was for my mom to wake up and tell me I needed to do my chores before I left the house. Unfortunately for me, my mom is a light sleeper.

I crawl downstairs on my hands and knees. The television is on low and there's someone sleeping on the couch.

I crane my neck to check for the figure on the couch. It's only Zach. Probably didn't make it to the bed, I guessed.

Ben & Jerry's: Milk & Cookies. Hazel.

My brain snapped to attention and I made it safely outside. I closed the door and bounded down the three wooden steps.

As soon as my bare feet make contact with the concrete, I immediately regret putting socks on. The sidewalk is extremely cold. And so is outside.

I shivered as I walked in the grass. No way was I adding hypothermia on my list of things to worry about. Despite the cold breeze, it's actually a nice day.

The sun is poking its way through the gray clouds. The birds are chirping - quite irritably as usual. The leaves on the trees are beginning to tug off. Was it possible autumn is already coming? It is November, so I suppose autumn is coming.

A sudden, very icy cold breeze stops me in my tracks. My whole body breaks out into goose bumps. I stop and just sort of shiver there.

My eyes meet the house window I'm standing in front of. It's scary enough for me to high tail it all the way down the super market.

When I reached the inside, I exhaled a breath of relief. Because the house I stood in front of showed something - no someone - glaring at me through the window. She had an evil look, arms crossed, and red hair.

Addy. Ugh.

I shuffled to the back of the store to the cold area. There were only a few old grannies milling around. Other than that, the place was pretty empty and quiet.

Ben & Jerry's: Milk & Cookies, Hazel!!

My eyes grow huge when I see what I've been looking for stare back at me. Yes, yes, yes! My mind cheered in my mind.

I opened the door and snatched it up. It was the last one, too!

YESH!

I marched to the front in triumph of my winning. While waiting behind an old man who couldn't find his wallet, I admired my ice-cream. I was gonna eat it, and not share with anyone at home.

If you couldn't tell, I love Ben & Jerry's - especially cookies & milk. Yum. You don't understand. This tub of goodness is my life support. It keeps me functioning for a whole week. That's why I save enough money up to buy one every weekend.