I Miss You, Asshole. - Quinn.

QUINN'S POV

It's been a grueling month.

I can't say I'm surprised when Hazel indirectly friend-zoned me. She didn't know how much it hurt on the inside when she pulled away. Of course, I pretended to just be desperate for someone's lip.

I was actually desperate for her's.

"Quinn, you're doing it again," Josh said.

"Doing what?"

"Staring off into space."

"Sorry."

"Why?"

I shrug.

Josh rolled over on the floor and got up to come sit next to me on the couch. "Come on, tell Josh what's wrong."

Since I confide in Josh on everything, I do end up telling him about kissing Hazel, liking her since day one, and only wanting what's best for her. It probably took a whole hour to get every detail out.

"And I just wish she'd get over Logan...," I trail off.

Insert the silence as Josh takes this all in.

"Why do you like Hazel?"

I frowned. "What kind of question is that? She's beautiful, has pretty hazel eyes, smells like brownies, and-" I cut myself, smacking myself in the face.

Josh stared at me with raised brows. "What...the fuck?"

"Josh." I said quietly.

"Yeah?"

"I think I'm whipped."

"..."

In 9th grade, Aiden, Logan, Josh, and I made pact never to become whipped. I remember Josh telling me he told Hazel the story. He did leave out what would happen if we did become whipped.

You were shunned for one whole month to gave the 'whipness' out of your system.

"You know what? Fuck those rules," Josh said. "We were immature fourteen year old's."

I glance up to meet his angry face.

"Actually, we were complete assholes. You, me, and Aiden grew out of those rules, but obviously Logan hasn't."

An intense hatred for the guy suddenly took over my mood. He tried telling Hazel I was gay, he tried (and succeeded) in winning Hazel over, and the asshole still had the nerve to mess with her head.

At the same time, I knew I was jealous.

Not of his status, no. But that he could still have Hazel thinking of him. He used to be able to kiss her, hug her close, and touch her whenever. And then he threw it away for Addy. (Which I heard is gay and moved to a different state...)

"Ya know what you should do?"

"No." A brilliant idea seemed to be in Josh's mind.

"Tell her how you feel," he said.

I froze.

There was only one reason why I couldn't do that - I was scared. Scared of rejection. For once, I really liked a girl, and she rejects me. Hazel thought that kiss was out of pure spite. But it wasn't. I thought she was over Logan, but that wasn't the case.

I was a coward for it, but oh fucking well.

"I can't do that."

Josh looked perplexed. "Why not?"