I Miss You, Asshole. - New Years.

Ah, New Years.

It was the time for making amends, trying something new, and making resolutions that will die off a week later. Also, it was the time for parties and drinking.

My oh so lovely daily dosages are taking me to a high school party. Someone's rich parents rented a hotel room for him and all his senior friends. So, I throw on a little something I bought with Carly.

It a short, figure hugging blue ruffled dress, with the right amount of cleavage popping out and showed off my tanned legs. It's a bit inappropriate, but I was content to live a little tonight - no crying.

I pair it with sparkly silver stilettos. I'm wobbling downstairs but by 8:30, I've broken in them. My Mom, Evan, Zach, and Carly have already left for their individual parties. And my mom didn't mind I was going out since the break up. No one was house sitting - and definitely not me.

Our Christmas tree is still standing proudly in the middle of the living room and the trash that goes along with it was there, too. Josh and Evan tend to leave messes after their presents.

A knock on the door got me excited.

I opened the door to reveal Quinn and Josh dressed in identical white Polo's, black jeans, black leather jackets, and white vans. 

"Hey twinsies," I giggle.

Josh stares me down while Quinn grins.

"You look beautiful." Quinn says, taking my hand.

"Stunning, even," Josh whispered, clearly blown away.

I lock my front door and appreciate Josh and Quinn helping through the grass towards the car. On the car ride, I learned the rich guy's name is Carter Young. He's a bit of a know-it-all, but he threw great parties.

We arrive at a big hotel, another thing outside of town.

It was crawling with kids from our school. It was great thing it was warm enough to be waltzing around in barely nothing there clothes.

"Hey guys!" A blond greets us by the entrance. "...you look great!"

"Thanks." I'm the only one to reply.

"Which floor is the party, Tianna?" Quinn asked.

"Top floor, room 1435," Tianna informs us, opening the door glass generously.

"Thanks." I say again.

The boys seemed to not even acknowledge the happiness in her voice. Oh well, boys will be boys. We get on an elevator with five other people who are wrapped up in their own conversation.

"Don't let strange boys buy you drinks." Josh warned me as the elevator skyrocketed upstairs.

"I've been to a party." I lied. "I know the deal."

"Just playing it safe," He smiled slightly. "We don't want anything bad to happen to you."

I smiled back. "I love you guys."

"We love you, too." Josh coos.

Quinn rolls his and smiles.

The elevator stopped at the top and everyone piled off. There were people in the hallway, talking and laughing with drinks in their hands. The room was crawling with teenagers. It was like teenage city.

I slow grin started to form on my face as we neared the door.

"Hey Quinn, lookin' good!" 

"Josh, is that a new cologne?"

Suddenly, I'm left alone. My daily dosages went to chat up some girls. Well, I did say I've been to a party - lie. Oh well, what could go wrong? I wasn't here to worry about not being kidnapped. I was here to have some fun!

So, I quickly directed myself to where people were taking shots - the bar.

I leaned against the bar and waiting for the bartender to face me. It was a guy around my age with a huge grin on his face. He wasn't dressed like a bartender, instead in jeans and a regular shirt.

"Gimme something that'll have me drunk in seconds," I ordered.

He set ten shot glasses in front of me and poured neon blue liquid into them. "Nick at your service."

I didn't even ask what it was. I took one at a time and poured them down my throat like they did in movies. It tasted just like Hawaiian punch but with a tint of alcohol. It was yummy! The room was already starting to spin by the last glass. 

"That good?" Nick chuckled.

"Yeah," I giggled, “But gimme a few more."

And that's how I got tipsy. After 24 shots, I stopped counting. My vision blurred and I find myself on the dance floor. People I didn't know were dancing and laughing with me.

I was having the time of my life! "I haven't felt so freeeeee!" I squeal over my shoulder.

Miranda's suddenly in my face, giving me a funny look. "Hazel, are you drunk?!" She hollers over Rihanna's robotic voice.

I giggled and smiled. "Yes Mir, now could you get off my back?"

"Dude, let's dance!" She exclaimed, smiling big. "I'm halfway drunk!"

For this night, Miranda and I forgot our fight. We danced like there was no tomorrow. By eleven, we don't have our heels on anymore and we're dancing to Dancing in the Dark.

Tell me baby, if it's wrong...

To let my hands, do what they want...

Late at night, I can pretend we are

D-d-d-d-d-dancing in the dark

After the song ends, Carter announces it’s 11:58. Everyone scrambles for their girlfriend/boyfriend or to stand on the balcony. I'm left alone as Miranda excuses herself to find Aiden.

I follow out the few that go onto the balcony. Others are running downstairs. The snow is starting to fall, it's really dark, and the park across the street illuminates everyone's sweaty face. The venue was our firework entertainment.

"Ten...Nine!"

I was disappointed I wouldn't have anyone to kiss. 

"Eight...Seven..."

I didn't need anyone else.

"Six...Five..."

Logan could go fuck Addy all he wanted.

"...Four."

Because in 2012...

"Three...Two..."

I was gonna wear my crown invisible.

"..One..."

And Logan could suck it.

"ZERO! Happy New Year!"

Yeah - Happy Fucking New Year.