I Miss You, Asshole. - Senior Prom.

HAZEL'S POV

Oh my god, in two days we'll be having prom.

Back in Hushbud, we had proms and dances. But here - it seemed to be a big deal. Since May, they've been hanging banners about senior prom. I plan on going, but with whom? I have no clue.

"Hazel-bay, it's going to be eighty degrees today!"

Mom was the only one who called me Hazel-bay. Everyone else referred to me as Hazel or Haze. I don't know where she's got it, but I don't mind it.

I slip on white shorts, a pink tank top (three fingers, dude) and white flip flops. After doing a little bit of makeup and brushing my hair, Evan was going berserk.

"Haze," Evan barked. "I'm ready to go!"

"I'm coming," I said, skipping downstairs.

"Have a great day!" Mom called after us.

The short drive to high school consist of Evan telling me that I'll need to go dress shopping soon, have my options open to be anyone's date, and look pretty so I could get a date.

That shouldn't be too hard.

I have three best friends who'll surely ask me and we'll all go together! But who was going to help me find a dress...?

Evan heaved a sigh. "We're here."

The real question is who's got a good sense of style? I'm going to have to test the boys on their skills today!

I walk into the building and head straight for my locker. Luckily, Miranda isn't around. Ever since the fight, I've seen less and less of her. It was a good thing, too. I was glad her temperamental ass wouldn't be around.

"Hi Hazel!"

I nearly jump three feet into the air. Aiden had run up behind my back and scared me.

"You scared me half to death," I said, feeling my heart rate beat erratically.

Aiden laughed, flipping his in-need-of-a-haircut hair to the left. "Sorry," he said sheepishly, biting his lip in the process.

"I'll have to say it’s okay," I said rolling my eyes and turning back to my locker.

He leaned against Miranda's locker and skimmed the halls. "Have you seen Quinn or Josh?"

"No, why?"

"We were all gonna ditch school today."

"And leave me all alone?' I pout.

"You can come, too!"

I've never ditched school a day in my life. No way was I going to ditch. What if something important is said about prom? I really wanted to go to this thing. And if they make an announcement that you can't wear green or something, I've got to know! (Not that I'd wear green for prom, blah!)

"So? They can go another day without us," Aiden replied, trying to sound cool. (And failing miserably.)

"We're gonna get our prom fliers," I pointed out, "I don't think your mom would be too happy about you not going."

"Not going where?"

Josh was dressed in all white. He wore white skinny jeans, white converse, and a white v-neck. He even had on a white watch and a white backpack. His hair was slick back, which made him look really different.

"New look, eh?" Aiden eyed him.

"Yeah, do ya like it?" he asked both of us, flashing a half-grin.