I Miss You, Asshole. - Resolutions.

Okay, so I lied about this one being longer. Sorry. :(

Yes, my night was uneventful. After the countdown, I got sick of everyone sucking face, so I went to find Quinn and Josh. They were the only one's still dancing instead of watching the fireworks. We were all drunk and just decided to take a taxi home - I hope. I woke up in my cold, cold bed.

February

"Mith Grey, D minuth." Mr. Z announced whilst handing back our progress reports, "Shee me after clath." 

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes in annoyance.  

My resolution was going quite well. I'm not moping anymore, my thoughts are drifting to the last day of school, and I had a strict 'I don't give a fuck' personality.

Because of that - my grades are slipping. But I don't give a fuck. Logan wanted this. He wanted me to suffer. Here I was suffering my grades, because 'idgaf'!

Class went by in a blur. I doodle in my notebook the whole time. Fuck school and fuck love. The two just weren't right to put into a high school. As they bell rang, I gathered my things end headed over to junior Harry Potter.

"Hathel, you're starting to worry me."

He spits as he talks, which makes me stay quiet.

"You're grade isth dropping in every shingle clath, you've thopped paying athenthion, and you don't sheem to care anymore."

I nod, not really comprehending his lisp.

"Do you have anything to shay to this?"

"Other than the fact that you just spit all over my stuff?" I ask rudely. "No."

"Mith Grey, you come back here!" Mr. Z shouted after my retreating steps. "We're not done dicushing!"

That makes me speed walk out of there. I'm glad he doesn't follow. Because of him, I only had a minute to get to my locker, pick my things for algebra, and make it downstairs to class on time.

Ugh.

Life really didn't care for me. The only way I could repay them is to return the favor.

Now you know why I'm being so bitter. I'm bitter about Logan fucking Holster. He just one-upped me and ran out of my life as soon as I've shared something sacred with him - my virginity. I wasn't a virgin because of that guy. And we wouldn't be doing it again.

No. I fucking love that guy and he chose to kick me aside in my own pathetic little puddle.

"Miss Grey, late again!"

3 PM

School just let out and I'm pretty tired of all of my teachers saying the same shit - you're failing my class. If there was a test to pass out of high school, I'd gladly take it and take a one-way plane ticket to California.

"Hazel, c'mere!"

I froze on the stone steps. It was Miranda.

With the little knowledge of my drunken night, I had no idea why Miranda was talking to me. She didn't want me around her or Aiden. They were together.

I shuddered but turned to face her ambling down the steps.

"Hey you," she smiles like everything's okay.

"Hi," I reply curtly.

She frowns. "I wanted to tell you something....but I forgot what I was gonna say."

I couldn't help but a crack a smile, "Ever the blunt one."

Miranda smiles. "Look, this - whatever this is - needs to stop. I know I'm supposed to be mad at you, but I have no one to talk to anymore. You're my best friend and I miss you."

At that moment, I realized how much I missed talking to Miranda. She was so fun to be around and she was my best friend as well. "I miss you, too." I shove my hands deeper into my coat pockets.

"And I'm sorry for being all over Aiden...you two deserve each other," I add.

"Thanks," She grins. "I'm glad you said that."

"Me too," I said honestly.

We stand on the sidewalk as it snows. The girl that used to be me talked to Miranda about all the things that have been going on - mostly consisting of Miranda's love life, and my New Year’s resolution.

"So how are you and Logan?" Miranda puts on a mischievous grin.

My face drops all emotion. "Haven't you heard?"

"Heard what?"

"We aren't together anymore."

"What?" Her eyebrows go up in surprise, "What happened?!"

"He...cheated on me." There, I said it. And I could admit to it without crying. I was either numb from the break up or the snow attaching to my exposed skin.

"That bastard," She shook her head in disbelief. "But you guys were so in love. You said you loved him!"

"Yeah well, he didn't feel the same." I bit my lip, wondering where my ride was. "C-can we move on to something else?"

"No." Miranda stated seriously. She gave me a hard look. "I want to know what happened."

"Mir, we just stopped fighting, can we just move on for once?" I demanded, getting irritated.

"No!" She shouts, stepping back and sizing me up. She's a good two inches taller than me, and gives me a nasty look. "You're a bitch, Hazel. You can't just bring up something big and push it aside, because you don't wanna talk about it!"

I huff in aggravation. "Sorry if I'm not up for it! A true friend wouldn't pester me about it!"

"Then, I guess I'm not a true friend." She stomped away and yelled over her shoulder. "Good luck finding a true friend, only bitches are friends with bitches!"

And that - was the end of me and Miranda's friendship.

For good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, so that's how high school friendships work sometimes. :P I'll make this short - don't forget to comment and vote! Vomments let me know people are enjoying my story & I could post chapters sooner!