I Miss You, Asshole. - Awkward Moments.

Josh in side-bar.

Monday morning, I get a ride from Quinn. His black pick-up truck pulls up to my house at seven. I don't know how he figured I needed a ride, but I was grateful.

Since my Mom and my brothers both have jobs (and I can't drive), I was stuck trying to hitch a ride every day. Thank God, Quinn heard my pleas three blocks away.

"So....what's with the get up?" Quinn asked a little ways from the school.

"What's wrong with it?" I replied.

"Um." Quinn stays silent but glances at my outfit. I'm wearing a long sleeved Aeropostale shirt, blue skinny jeans, and gray flats. I looked feminine for I took the time to curl my hair. "You look...pretty."

My body glowed from the compliment. "Thanks."

Quinn nodded in response, his hair flopping around his face. I scan over his striped sweatshirt, black jeans, and black snap back and wondered why Quinn wasn't dating anyone. He was really cute, but also menacing.

"What?" His gray eyes shift in my direction at a red light.

"Just wondering why you're still single." I stated bluntly. I blushed at how blunt it sounded but Quinn's chuckle kept me calm. I smiled. "Seriously, though."

He shrugged. "Dunno. Guess I'm just not looking for a girl right now."

"What are you looking for?"

Quinn suddenly looked uncomfortable. Zach and Evan didn't talk about their feelings so why did I get the feeling Quinn was holding back?

An uncomfortable silence falls over the rest of the ride. As we arrive, kids are goofing off in the courtyard, the druggies are getting high by the stone steps, and cheerleaders cheer in the parking lot.

"Another day of hell." Quinn says, slamming the car door. I close my side lightly and quickly catch up to Quinn's long strides.

"Thanks for the ride," I say. "Can we do this everyday?"

"Sure." Quinn replies. "But don't you have a permit?"

"No." I furrow my brows. "Back in Hushbud, there was no need to drive nor have cars."

"Hushbud, eh?" Quinn lifts an eyebrow. "Isn't that a hick town?"

An immediate surge of anger fills my pours. "No." I sped past him and stomp all the way to my locker. I spun the dial until it starts to blur. Miranda comes up and opens her locker.

"What up?" She asks mildly.

"I'm pissed." I knew I was angry just by how I was talking. I rarely cursed. I swear, these people are influencing me - Logan, Quinn, and Aiden - all of them.

"Whoa." Miranda raises her eyebrows in surprise. "Who messed with you?"

"Quinn." I roll my eyes. It was one thing to insult a town that doesn't exist anymore, but when it comes to me; ugh. I just wanted to punch something.

My fist collides with my locker. Why won't you open?!

"Quinn Tyler," Miranda said with a twisted smile and a star gazey look. "The sexiest beast in this school for sure."

I couldn't help but laugh. Why get angry over something petty when I could laugh with crazy Miranda?

"I'm guessing you like him?" I guessed.

Miranda shrugs, blushing a bright red. "Yeah, but it's not like we've ever talked before..."

Awwww! I wanted to squeal. The girlie side of me was starting to creep out. Miranda and Quinn...hm. They would be...eh. I'm not one to judge. They have the same 'ride-or-die' attitude, that's for sure.