25 ║ Love Of My Life

September 3rd

Love of my life, don't leave me
You've taken my love, you now desert me.

Louis took a quick look at the clock on the dashboard before putting his eyes back on the road, 8:02. He was driving at a perfect speed and they wouldn't be late. The deep and strong feeling of anxiety was weighing heavily on his chest. He wiped his right hand on his new pair of jeans, trying to get rid of the sweat covering his red palm. He then did the same with his left hand. He was humming a bit of the song, thoughtlessly, although he was still being careful not to be be too loud, otherwise it would be awkward. He didn't want this special evening to start with heavy awkwardness. He was impatient and scared at the same time. A pretty uncomfortable mix at the bottom of his stomach.

Love of my life, can't you see?
Bring it back, bring it back
Don't take it away from me because you don't know what it means to me.

Harry was sitting on the passenger seat next to Louis. His palms were sweating as well and he kept his hands flat on his thighs. Where was he going? How much time was left until they arrived. It already seemed like they had been on the road for an hour or so. Louis was silent, not many word had been exchanged and he had no other choice than focusing attentively on the songs' lyrics. Giving all his attention to Freddie Mercury's voice. Louis had asked once or twice if it was okay to him to listen to one of Queen's album. He couldn't mind less really. Although it didn't seem like he knew many song from this one. Every now and then he would hear Louis hum and tap on the wheeling at the rhyme of the song, making him think he must have listen to it many times.

I will be there at your side to remind you how I still love you, I still love you.

Louis wondered if Harry would like what he had planned for them. It took him a while to find the perfect idea for their very first date. It took him hours and days to plan everything and to make sure everything would work the way he wanted. Everything had to be perfect. He would just be so disappointed if something went wrong or if Harry didn't like that. There was still about 30 minutes of driving. Harry had asked where they were going, he probably knew it was a date already, but he didn't know anything else. And Louis didn't intend on telling him anything about the destination or the activity. He would have to wait. He wanted it to be a surprise and maybe that was the main reason why he was scared to disappoint Harry. What if the young boy was imagining a nice dinner at a fancy restaurant? What if he expected something crazy? He used to take Tamara to really fancy restaurant just to make her happy, although he hated it. He hated putting on an expensive suit and looking like a sad penguin while she was tightened in her velvet red dress. They used to look like rich haughty kids and he hated that. Yes, he had money, a big house, his own nice car and his family was far from poor but it was not that important to him, at least not as important as it was to Tamara. Because he knew to well he would never be able to buy himself happiness. Dating Louis was an opportunity for her to be a part of the highest society, the worst part of the so called elite. She needed her place there. Quickly she went from the shy and adorable girl who was doing shopping in pyjamas and slippers to a girl who would just forget her old friends to find some others, as haughty as her. Being contemptuous of the kindest people. Harry was her opposite, he was, in fact, the kindest person Louis had even been given the chance to meet.

33 minutes had passed and Louis' car finally stopped. Harry sat straighter and turned his face slightly toward the older boy. He cleared his throat as Louis turned the music off and it was silent for a moment before he asked:

"So where are we?"

Louis looked up at him, some of his brown curls were falling across his forehead and he pulled some behind his ear. He was wearing a light blue heart print flannel with a tight pair of dark grey skinnies and black ankle boots. Many of his fingers were wearing rings and Louis thought it added something special to his look.