Special 20k reads rambling time ♥

Hello everyone!

I am back again with another rambling, useless, post and if you don't read it, honestly, it's no big deal as it will be just plain rambling (and maybe a bit confessing soo yep)

So, Fingertips just reached 20k reads and I can't believe it, it is such a huge thing to me and it seems so unreal. When I started posting this story, it was already almost entirely posted on AO3 and I was very close to the end but I believed Wattpad was really practical when it came to sharing with the readers and that was what I was also very interested to do. Posting here obviously brought me a lot, many point of views, votes and feedback (which I always appreciate and adore!). It felt amazing to get to read what so many people thought about this story and about my writing.

This story mattered and matters to me so much because I wrote it while I was going through a difficult period in my life. I had been trapped in this 'difficult period' for several years and drawing as well as writing were what would appease me (now I just... bake or cook a lot to relax). Louis' character was heavily inspired by my own experiences. I would just pour my emotion in this book, whenever I wrote about Louis, it would feel like therapy and that's why this story is still important to me, it helped me a lot! I wanted to portray metal disorders the closer to what it could be for most people suffering from it. I wouldn't describe myself as a pessimistic but to be honest, I was sick of all those stories picturing a mentally ill person just getting out of depression, self-harming, eating disorders or anxiety when they met their partner. I found it very unrealistic. I wanted to write a story that would show what an actual relationship with someone with mental disorder could be like. (I am in no way saying this is how all those types of relationships are). I wanted this story to feel real, I wanted to offer the opportunity to people to feel like they were not alone, to be able to relate to the character. Most books I've read with someone suffering with eating disorders or insecurities usually portrayed the main character going from 'I absolutely despise myself' to 'yeah, he made me love myself by looking at me that way, touching me that way' and that always deeply hurt me and disturbed me to read such thing. I do understand that it might have been to be hopeful but it never felt that way. I wanted the ending of my book to be hopeful, I wanted it to show the progress of someone fighting for their mental health but not brush it off by saying it was better in a few weeks. I do not like the idea that love can cure everything and that if someone loves you enough you'll therefore love yourself, that is very unlikely to happen and could pressure both people in the relationship.

NEWS FLASH (not really)

I am currently working on a new and original story. I am planning on posting it on here once I'll be sure everything is going the way I want it to. This new story will once again deal with LGBTQ+ characters, mental disorders, love, family and friendship and much more. It will have several main characters and I am very excited and hope you will give it a chance, even if it has nothing to do with One Direction, Louis, Harry or any of the boys!

Anyway, I think that was it!

I want to thank you all for always supporting me. Thank you to every single reader, every follower, everyone who ever voted on one or several chapters, every single person who commented, you always made my day!!

Take care, always ♥

PS: That's an old drawing I've done of Louis, when Miss You came out, just posting it for the occasion! (I got better I think, check my instagram if you want to see more of my art: @/justalittlebitof.art 

• Lisa ☺