Chapter 5: A New Song

|~*~Carolyn~*~|

Monday, September 19
10:32 am

CC was at his locker trying, keyword trying, to clean it, but had no such luck. They were only four weeks into school and it was already a mess. So much for keeping it clean this year, he thought.

He looked closely into his locker saw something peeking out behind his jacket. His nose scrunched in confusion. He reached his hand in and pulled out a sandwich. That's where I left you! he thought and took a huge bite.

“CC!” he heard a voice calling him. He turned to see Andy coming to him.

“Hey Andy.” CC took another bite. “What's up?”

“Oh… well I keep forgetting to tell you this. Carolyn told me.”

CC almost choked on his sandwich. “When and how much?”

“She told me about three weeks ago when we were at the park. And she told me why August 27th was always a bad day for her.” he said.

CC said, “Oh yeah... If it weren't for me being in the neighborhood, she would've gotten... you know.”

“Yeah,” Andy said. He shifted from one foot to the other, feeling uncomfortable as pictures flashed through his mind of Carolyn being helpless against that man.

“Anyway, she only told you that? Well that means she's starting to trust you.” CC said.

“Okay.” Andy said and turned to leave. Then stopped and turned around. “Wait... What do you mean by 'she only told you that'?”

CC sighed. “There's still more, Andy.”

“More than that... But... does that mean they're worse?”

“Some worse, some not as much, and some just as bad.” CC said and left, leaving Andy wondering.

|~*~Carolyn~*~|

Only two more classes and I'm out of here, Andy thought as he headed towards music class with his acoustic on his back. Their music teacher was Ms. Nancy, probably the coolest teacher ever.

Andy shared the class with Ashley. During music they almost always had free time, so people would talk, play, listen to and play music. He loved the class because they didn't have to stay seated in desks for about an hour. There was a choir stand that they used sometimes, but when they didn't, people would just sit there. There were also some stools, and beanbags if you wanted to sit, but other than that, you didn't have to sit.

Inside, Ashley was playing his bass. After a few moments, Andy recognized it as the bass part for We Stitch These Wounds.

“You kissed the lips of evil, two months is all the same. I beg for this man's approval. Like all the rest, we'll die in vain.” he sang as he reached Ashley.

One of the jocks, Calvin, scoffed. “As if you'll ever become famous, Biersack.”

Andy smirked. “Oh really? Haven't you seen our music video for Knives and Pens? What do you think we'll be doing during the summer? Recording our debut album and going on tour. So really, we're almost there.” he said.

Calvin was about to say something when the bell rang and their teacher walked in.

“I don't have anything planned for you guys today, so you can have some free time.” she said.

Andy got his acoustic and played the little tune that was stuck in his head for about a month. Then stopped.

“What was that?” Ashley asked.

Andy looked up. “It’s just a little tune that's been stuck in my head. I've been trying to add lyrics, but I've gotten nowhere with it in the past few weeks.”

Andy sat there and wracked his brain for any possible lyrics. Then he heard something that caught his attention. On one side of the room, a girl played an A chord on the piano, somewhere else a guy played a C on his guitar, someone else played a G, then a D. Andy quickly grabbed an electric guitar and played those four chords together a few times.

“Dude, you should put that in a song.” Ashley said. “It sounds great for a chorus.”

Andy smiled. “And in an intro.” he grabbed his acoustic. “When I tell you to, play those for chords I just played.”

Andy played the tune for about half a minute, then said, “Now!”

Ashley started playing the chords in time with Andy's tune. Just as Andy thought, they sounded great together. He got the little jumpy feeling he usually got when he had a song idea. “I gotta get this down and get it to Jake and Jinxx!”

|~*~Carolyn~*~|

At band practice at Jinxx's after school, Andy and Ashley showed them what they did during music class.

Jake and Jinxx got with Andy and worked more on it. After about three hours, they decided that the acoustic tune should go in the intro, then a little bit of electric, and then those four chords Andy came up with in music. The verse would have the acoustic tune, the chorus would have the electric, and Jake and Jinxx came up with the solos while Ashley figured out the bass. They recorded it for CC so that he could make up the drum parts. Most of the song was done… except for the lyrics.

“I'll work on the lyrics some other day. There's still months before we record our album. I'll definitely have it this done by then.”

* * * 

Music video for Knives and Pens on the right! :D

~Zaira<3