Senior Prom

|~*~Carolyn~*~|

Thursday, May 17

It was finally senior prom. And the best part? Andy would be there with Carolyn. He smiled. They had been together for a month and ten days now. He remembered their one month anniversary. His first present for her was a little white kitten. He got it from his aunt who's cat gave birth to a litter of kitties a few weeks ago. And after that they spent the entire day at the amusement park. By the end of the night, he had won her a bunch of stuffed animals. Including a stuffed dog that looked exactly like Copper!

He checked himself before leaving. His hair had gotten longer. It was almost the same length that it was in his dream a few months back. (A/N: The dream in chapter 15.)

Once again, they were all going to the dance in a limo. This time Jinxx rented it.

"I want our senior prom to be something we'll remember. Even while we're on tour." he explained.

The limo chauffeur parked in front of the Coma's house. It feels like just a few months ago, Andy was taking Carolyn to the Winter Formal. Oh wait... That was a few months ago. I'm an idiot.

Kelly opened the door when he knocked. "Hey Andy!" she said and hugged him. Then let go. "Carolyn, Andy's here!" she yelled.

"Coming!" Carolyn yelled back. She came down the stairs wearing a blue gown. It was the same shade of blue as Andy's eyes and the same shade as his button down shirt.

He took her hand and kissed it gently. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks." she said. "And you look very handsome." she giggled.

|~*~Carolyn~*~|

The Senior Prom was even more festive looking than the Valentine's Day dance and the Winter Formal combined. Instead of having it in the high school gym, it was outside in the fields. And since they lived in a small town, the starts shone brighter, lighting up the night. But they had the lamps around campus too. Only tonight they were dimmed.

As soon as they got there, Andy and Carolyn were on the dance floor. They danced to every slow song until the principal got up on stage.

"Lady's and gentlemen, its time to announce your Prom King and Queen!" he said. Everyone cheered. Two of the teachers brought out two crowns. One for the king, and the other for the queen. "Your king and queen are... Brandon Daniels and Piper Chesterfield!"

Of course. They were the 'it' couple of the school. "I don't care what the votes say, you'll always be a queen to me." Andy said to Carolyn.

"I'll be your queen if you'll be my king." she said.

From farther away the others were watching them. "I have an idea!" Lizzie said. She told the others. Jake went up to the DJ and handed him a flash drive.

"Play track two." he said.

The first few notes of The Mortician's Daughter started playing. Andy and Carolyn looked at their friends.

"They did this, didn't they?" she asked.

"I'm pretty sure they did." he said. He pulled her close and she rested her head on his chest. And they slowly danced.

I open my lungs dear.
I sing this song at funerals, no rush.
These lyrics heard a thousand times, just plush.
A baby boy you've held so tightly.
This pain, it visits almost nightly.
Missing hotel beds, I feel your whole touch.

I will wait dear, a patience of eternity, my crush.
A universe so still, no rust.
No dust will ever grow on this frame.
A million years and I will say your name.

"I love you more than I can ever scream." Andy sang into Carolyn's ear.

We booked our flight those years ago.
I said I loved you as I left you.
Regrets still haunt my hollow head.
But I promise you that I will see you again.
Again.

I sit here and smile dear.
I smile because I think of you and I blush.
These bleeding hollow dials, this fuss.
A fuss is made of miles and travel.
When roadways are but stones and gravel.
A bleeding heart can conquer every crutch.

We booked our flight those years ago.
You said you loved me as you left me.
Regrets still haunt your saddened head.
But I promise you that I will see you-

We booked our flight those years ago.
I said I loved you as I left you.
Regrets no longer in my head,
But I promised you and now I'm
Home again, again, again.
I'm home again, again, again.

I'm home again.

Everyone cheered as the song ended. Andy could hear people asking each other if they knew the name of the song and smiled. He could only imagine what would happen if they found out his band sang this. Andy and Carolyn met up with their friends.

"Did you hear everyone? They loved the song!" Rachel said.

"And they're wondering who sings it." Jinxx said.

"Hm... Seeing as tomorrow's graduation and the last day of school, I think I'll tell them when I get my diploma and say it in my small speech." Andy said.

They heard some of the popular girls talking. "I swear, if I ever find out who sang that song, I'll marry him." one said.

Andy and the others burst out laughing. He put his arm around Carolyn. "I'll never marry them." he said and kissed Carolyn's cheek because she seemed a little pissed off at them.

Everyone went back to dancing after that. That is until a ray of lighting went through the sky. Then it started raining hard and the teachers told everyone to get inside.

"Wow... This is the first dance I've been to where it starts raining on everyone." Carolyn said.

"Mine too.. But I'm glad its with you." Andy said. Just as they kissed, another ray of lighting passed. But they didn't care.

*~*~*~*~*~*

So sorry for the long wait! I'm at a friends house. Anyway, hope you liked it.

Picture of Andy's suit.

5 comments and 5 votes.

Comment, vote, and fan me. <3

-Zaira <3