Chapter 12: Christmas

|~*~Carolyn*~*~|

Sunday, December 2

“Aww. He looks so peaceful when he's asleep.” Rachel said.

“If I would've known he was this cute when he was asleep, I wouldn't have fallen asleep when he let me sleep over.” Carolyn blurted. Then she covered her mouth. She turned and pointed to the others who were giggling. “I never said that.”

Andy stirred in his sleep. “Mhmm.” he turned and his blanket fell off of him and onto the floor. Everyone burst out laughing. Andy was wearing nothing except his Batman boxers. He immediately woke up.

“What are you guys doing here? And what are you laughing at?” Andy asked. He sat up and realized he was only in his underwear. “Oh shit!” he ran right for the bathroom and got ready.

“We will never speak of this again.” Andy said once he got out. They all went downstairs and Andy saw that his friends brought over their presents so they could open them together.

“I call dibs on giving Carolyn her present last.” Andy said. Yesterday his friends set up their instruments in Andy's garage. They didn't know why, but they went with it.

From his parents Andy got a new electric guitar. From Ashley he got a pack of condoms which earned him a noogie and made Andy's parents laugh, from Jake he got a new flat iron, a leather jacket from Carolyn with some leather fingerless gloves, and more from the others.

“Now my turn! My present for you is in the garage.” Andy said. “Mom, dad, and you girls can go first. I need to talk to the guys.”

When the girls were gone, Andy pulled the guys into the kitchen. “Alright. My present for Carolyn is that song I wrote.”

“I still can't believe you refused to give usthe name of the song.” Jake shook his head.

“Well you'll find out in a bit, okay?” Andy explained.

They all went to the garage and got to their posts. Andy grabbed his acoustic and went to the mic, Jake got his electric, Jinxx got his harmony guitar, Ashley grabbed his bass, and CC went to the drums.

Andy took a deep breath and said. “Carolyn, this is my present for you. I was having a hard time writing a new song, but you inspired me to write this. This song is called Carolyn.” she gasped and smiled when she found out the song was her name.

Andy started playing his acoustic for the intro. Then Jake joined in with his electric guitar. CC hit the symbols and it signaled Ashley and Jinxx to join in.

Those times in life we learn to try

With one intention.

Of learning how and when we'll die,

But we can't listen.

I wish to God I'd known that I,

I didn't stand a chance of looking

Back and knowing why.

Or pain of circumstance.

You're not alone.

And we'll brave this storm.

So here's my song I wrote in time

When it was needed.

Through pain of heart or loss of mind,

Your burdens lifted.

You aren't alone, just know that I

Can't save our hearts tonight.

You're not alone.

And we'll brave this storm.

And face today.

You're not alone.

While the others played during the solo, Andy locked eyes with Carolyn. He smiled at her and she slowly smiled too. Finally Andy had to get back to playing.

You're not alone.

And we'll brave this storm.

And face today.

You're not alone.

You're not alone.

And we'll brave this storm.

And face today.

You're not alone.

The guys finished and Andy got the acoustic off him. Carolyn ran straight at him and hugged him so tight that Andy was sure she might break his ribs.

“I loved it.” Carolyn said to him. She looked up at him with tears in her eyes.

“Carolyn, I want you to know that you'll never be alone in this world. Everyone feels like this at some point in their lives. So I wrote this song for you. Whenever you feel alone, listen to it.”

“I will.” she said.

Andy reached into his back pocket and pulled out a flash drive. “Here.” he gave it to her. “It has the song in it.”

“I think this is the best Christmas present I've ever gotten.” she smiled at him.

*~*~*~*~*

Anyone know what the next chapter is? IT'S ANDY'S BIRTHDAY! YAY!

Carolyn (the song) --------------------------------> :D

Comment, vote, and fan me! :D

-Zaira <3