The Concert

|~*~Carolyn~*~|

Sunday, July 22

Before the guys went on the tour, the label wanted them to do a free concert in Ohio. So early that morning, some security guards and other people set up the stage at the park. The whole day before, everyone spent the day posting signs saying "Black Veil Brides Free Concert July 22. Cincinnati, Ohio." so that people would come.

The concert would start later at around seven pm so the guys didn't go to do sound check until six. Carolyn, Sammi, Lizzie, Rachel, and Kelly had front row spots to see the guys. By the time they were about to perform, the place was packed with Black Veil Brides fans and other people who wanted to check them out.

After waiting for what seemed like an eternity, the guys came out from backstage in their warpaint. Andy was wearing a leather jacket with no shirt under and leather pants. Jinxx stood out with his cod piece. Ashley's make up reminded some people of a zebra. Jake's eyes looked almost non visible from the black around it. And CC had what looked like tears on him. The crowd went wild. Fangirls were yelling out the name of their favorite band members. Suddenly a bra was thrown to the stage. Ashley, being the type of guy he is, caught it. The guys all got into their positions.

"We are the Black Veil Brides." Andy said into the microphone. "For those of you who don't know us, I'm Andy Six, on the lead guitar is Jake Pitts, on harmony guitar we have Jinxx, on the bass we have ladies man Ashley, and on the drums we have the wild CC." The crowd cheered. Andy smiled. "So who bought our album on Friday?"

A chorus of "me!" followed. Andy chuckled.

"This song is for those of you who get picked on for what you wear or what you like. This song is called Sweet Blasphemy." he continued.

CC played the drum into and the guys continued on their guitars. Carolyn had seen the guys perform before, but that was only in living rooms or in a garage which didn't have much space. But on a big stage like this, they moved around more. Andy looked more free. Carolyn giggled at Andy's headbang which looked like a mix between a headbang and a pelvic thrust. He sang his heart out.

A few songs later, the crowd heard some people shouting insults. The guys heard it too. Just as Andy sang the last line to We Stitch These Wounds, he started calling them out.

"Does everyone see those haters out there in the back?" Andy asked. His response was some booing from the fans. "I want everyone to turn around and say 'Fuck you!' on three. One, two, three!"

"FUCK YOU!" everyone yelled.

"Suck my dick 'cause you know what? I'm up here and you're fucking down there, mother fucker!" Andy yelled. CC banged on his drums a bit. Andy recognized the faces on the haters. The popular kids from high school. Andy nodded towards the security guards and they automatically knew what to do. "Now.. moving on from that, who out there has ever felt alone in this world?"

"ME!" a lot of people yelled. Carolyn was among them.

"This song is to remind you that no matter what, you'll always have us." Andy said. He went near an amp and got an acoustic guitar. He looked into Carolyn's eyes. "This song is called Carolyn."

The acoustic part to the song started playing on a CD. While Andy waited for his cue, he went near an amp and got his bottle of water and took a lop sip. A while before CC played a part on the cymbals, Andy went back to center stage. He held the hand that had his microphone to the sky and looked up. When Jake started playing the next guitar part and CC started on the drums, he brought that hand down and did a little headbang.

Those times in life we learn to try
With one intention.
Of learning how and when we'll die.
But we can't listen.
I wish to God I'd known that I,
I didn't stand a chance
Of looking back and knowing why.
Or pain of circumstance.

When the song got into the chorus, Carolyn teared up a bit. She still got emotional while listening to this song.

You're not alone.
And we'll brave this storm.

So here's my song I wrote in time
When it was needed.
Through pain of heart or loss of mind,
Your burdens lifted.
You aren't alone, just know that I
Can't save our hearts tonight.

Andy went right to Carolyn. He crouched down on stage near her, took hold of her hand, and sang to her. He saw she was crying a bit, but not bursting into tears. He smiled at her while singing and wiped away her tears with his other hand.

You're not alone.
And we'll brave this storm.
And face today.
You're not alone.

During the guitar solo, Andy stayed with Carolyn for a bit. "Are you okay?" he mouthed to her. She nodded. Before he left her, he gave her a quick kiss, and went back to center stage. He looked up into the sky for a bit and sang the next part with more passion.

You're not alone.
And we'll brave this storm.
And face today.
You're not alone.

You're not alone.
And we'll brave this storm.
And face today.
You're not alone.

When the song ended, Andy spoke. "How many of you guys out there have ever been in love?" the crowd cheered. "I wrote this song for my girlfriend Carolyn to tell her how I feel about her." Carolyn smiled at the memory. Andy turned and walked to her. He extended his hand out to her. "Come on up, Carolyn."

Carolyn turned to the other girls who were giddy and nodding at her to go on up. When she did, the crowd cheered even louder. Andy led her to center stage and he looked into her eyes. "This song is called The Mortician's Daughter."

Jake started playing the acoustic guitar. Jinxx went backstage and came back with his violin. Ashley and CC took a little break since they weren't in this song. Then Andy started to sing to her. Finally the chorus came. Andy pressed his forehead to Carolyn's. Then continued singing.

We booked our flight those years ago.
I said I loved you as I left you.
Regrets still haunt my hollow head.
But I promise you that I will see you again.
Again.

He sang more of the song. Before he got to the second verse, Andy said, "Sing with me, Carolyn." She was nervous. She looked into his reassuring blue eyes and decided to do it. She sang with him.

We booked our flight those years ago.
You said you loved me as you left me.
Regrets still haunt your saddened head.
But I promise you that I will see you-

We booked our flight those years ago.
I said I loved you as I left you.
Regrets no longer in my head,
But I promised you and now I'm
Home again, again, again.
I'm home again, again, again.

I'm home again.

Not being able to contain herself, she leaned up and kissed him. Andy wrapped his arms around her small frame and brought her closer. The crowd went wild and the sound of cameras clicking could be heard.

Not knowing that his microphone was still near him, Andy said, "I love you, Carolyn." He finally realized it when the crowd "awed."

Carolyn blushed knowing that all those people heard him. "I love you too."

*~*~*~*~*

So the next chapter is the last one. :(

5 comments and 5 votes for the last chapter. The sequel will be up like a week later. It depends on when I get the cover made.

-Zaira <3